Refer a friend perk

Crusin-Suzan

50 minutes ago, oakridger said:

On HAL?  I wasn't aware of any such program.  Can you post a link to the information please?

~Nancy

If you ho to the HAL website, there is a small banner on the bottom of the screen.

• Like 1

Well, well.....there it is at the very lower right of the screen AFTER I logged into my account!  The banner was tiny, and I would never have noticed it.  Thanks @Taters for the info!!!!      

~Nancy

image.thumb.png.16b6a4cfbf38a88ea1d76cab05a482b9.png

Give $50, Get $50
Give Your Friends $50 Onboard Credit And Get $50 Future Cruise Credit For Each Valid Referral!
Enter Your Name And Email Associated With My Account To Get Your Share Link.
Your name
Your last name

whoever@testing.com

Your email
ENTER
PENDING
ERROR
SUCCESS
By clicking on “Enter” and providing contact details Holland America Line will use the information provided to contact me with marketing and promotional messages. You can opt out at any time. For more details, see our Privacy Notice and Website Terms of Service.

image.png.67064a49c48d8fe39a7abefdf6060b0e.png

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The small print.  It's a future cruise credit, but that's OK with me.

How It Works
For every friend you refer who books a cruise, you'll get a $50 Future Cruise Credit! Once your friend completes the final payment on their upcoming cruise, a Future Cruise Credit will appear in My Account. Offer available for new Holland America Line guests in US and Canada only.
Need more details? Terms and Conditions.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

I referred a friend and she booked a cruise!   How do we find out if we got the $50. OBC?   Thanks!

See the post above for "the small print" on this offer.  It's OBC for the friend and future cruise credit for you.   You will get the FCC posted in "My Account" after the friend pays the final payment for their cruise.  That's fine with me.

Unfortunately for US and Canada only.

Edited by oakridger

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @oakridger and @Taters. My group is about to sign up to HAL and I understand that for you to receive credits as referrer, you just have to type your referral’s email address. If either one of you can refer me I would highly appreciate and we both can get credits! Pls pm me. Thanks!

from my experience - you can't both be on the same cruise/ booking.  I referred my nephew's fiance as she had never sailed HAL before.  We all took a family cruise last month. 

Apparently that booking didn't count for whatever reason.  I will try again with coworkers that will sail with my in Dec.  Not holding my breath but an extra $50 would be nice.

18 hours ago, VermeulT said:

from my experience - you can't both be on the same cruise/ booking.

I think I could understand not getting a referral bonus for someone in the same cabin, but why not if they are on the same cruise? Seems like if you suggested to a friend to try HAL and they went on your cruise that should be eligible for it?  Hmmmm

~Nancy

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

I think I could understand not getting a referral bonus for someone in the same cabin, but why not if they are on the same cruise? Seems like if you suggested to a friend to try HAL and they went on your cruise that should be eligible for it?  Hmmmm

~Nancy

We were also in the same cabin.  Hoping they'll honor the referral for their next cruise.

Do the friends you referred have to book the cruise through HAL or can they  book through their own travel agent?

If through travel agent, where can the travel agent put in the "code"?

Can anyone please tell me the steps on the referred friends' side to get this OBC?

If you refer 2 friends and they happen to share the same cabin, only one person can get it?

Thanks very much.