Luggage Storage on Dawn????

Momof2kids

We're going to be squishing DH, myself and the 2 kiddies into one interior cabin on the Dawn next month. No big deal since we'll only be there to sleep. But I'm starting to wonder where we'll store our luggage????

I'm hoping to pack as lightly as possible, but packing lightly with a toddler still in diapers and a preschooler, both of whom are messy kids means packing a lot! So, I'm hoping to get away with one very large rolling duffel bag (I'm assuming this could be stored under one of the beds?), a hard-sided suitcase and a carryon. Will we have issues trying to find storage space for this luggage or will it fit a closet?

Thanks for the help!

You should be able to get three bags under the bed. If you want the cabin steward can take and store your luggagge/ I find it hand to keep in the cabin and use it as a hamper. That way I am half packed on the last night. At least on bag will fit on the floor of the closet.

I agree with the above except I believe you can get four bags under the bed. Also, if the kids are small enough, and the luggage is big enough, the kids can sleep in the luggage, and then you don't have to add a crib to your room. Besides, it will make packing the kids all that much more easier at the end of the cruise. :)

What is the height from the floor to the bed to see if our big luggage would fit?
My largest soft-sided suitcase is about 11" deep. It fit under the bed (with a bit of a squish).

So, I'd guess anywhere from 10" to 11" or so.

BTW, I'm originall from West Haven -- could go for a Jimmie's Hot Dog!

Barb

Also, if the kids are small enough, and the luggage is big enough, the kids can sleep in the luggage, and then you don't have to add a crib to your room. Besides, it will make packing the kids all that much more easier at the end of the cruise. :)

Now, that's funny!:D

My largest soft-sided suitcase is about 11" deep. It fit under the bed (with a bit of a squish).

So, I'd guess anywhere from 10" to 11" or so.

BTW, I'm originall from West Haven -- could go for a Jimmie's Hot Dog!

Barb

and if the bag is too deep - nest the others in it and put it under the bed open.

I had purchased some new luggage for our recent sailing, and the biggest piece is nothing short of enormous. After unpacking, I nested everything inside the biggest piece and attempted to get it under the bed. I tried first from the foot of the bed - no good, there's a bar in the way. Then I tried from the side of the bed - still no good, not enough room beside the bed to maneuver it under. Uh Oh! What to do???

A short while later I ran into Cenen in the hall and asked if he could store the luggage somewhere. He said - slide it under the bed. I explained what I'd encountered and he suggested we take another look.

Into the cabin we went. He tried precisely what I had tried, and still no luck. After a moment's thought he reached down and lifted the bottom corner of the bed, slid the luggage under, and dropped the bed! Voila! Problem solved. :D Now why in the heck didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

Archived