First time Cruisers!

AndyPandy926

My husband and I are planning to take our first cruise this summer/fall as a joint birthday celebration. Neither of us have been on a cruise before and definitely not a Disney cruise! We’re looking forward to it but as newbies in many regards, would like to know what to be on the lookout for!

Myself (M31) and my husband (M24) are both huge Disney fans and my husband is a huge Star Wars fan especially, so we were thinking about checking out the Wish since it has the marvel and Star Wars themed experiences. 

What are some tips that will make our experience as smooth and enjoyable as it can be? Best times to cruise? Suggested things to do? 

Excited to see the responses and get to chat with y’all! 

• 2 weeks later...

AndyPandy, kudos to starting the cruising bug at a much earlier age than most! You will love it and hopefully enjoy a lifetime of cruises. 

I have been on three Disney cruises. Two were Transatlantic cruises. DH first cruise was a WBTA. I had to promise him he could get off at any port and fly home if he didn’t enjoy it. He stayed on and we have been enjoying cruises ever since. If you can arrange the vacay time, a longer cruise will be a lot of fun. 

If you like Star Wars, you might also enjoy a few days at WDW (especially Hollywood Studios) before or after your cruise.

Hoping you both enjoy your first cruise!

Texter2

Totally agree with Texter2, try to get a 7 day or longer cruise. We have been on both Celebrity and Disney ships.  The Disney Vibe is amazing for adults of all age. Disney cruises cost a bit more, but the quality of the experience is so worth it. We are retired and have been on over 10 Disney cruises. Don’t worry about the ports, the journey on the ship is the best part. 

Consider joining one of the Disney Cruise groups on Facebook.  They provide a wealth of information and tips. 

• Like 1