La Palma - Canaries

aem2682

Hi wondering if anyone has done a cruise in to the island of La Palma. We have a Canaries cruise booked for November and have a day docked there. Not sure if it's worth booking an organised excursion or going it alone.

TIA 

We have been to La Palma twice on cruise itineraries.  First time in 2019 we took the ships excursion up to the mountains and the national park including the visitor centre.    It was really lovely, the most tranquil place I have ever been, and great scenery.  You are on the edge of Europe, and it feels like that. The only drawback was that we all wanted to stay longer and walk further and the guide wanted to make sure he got us back to the ship. I think if you search a bit you ll find that people have posted how to get up the mountains by service bus which is a lot cheaper, I think I found info on trip advisor. 

Second time we walked off the ship into town and had a wander and a coffee. there are some nice historic buildings and cafes, but be aware that it is a small town in comparison to for example Santa Cruz de Tenerife.  

• Like 1