Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

Boarding at 12:30 was easiest ever- YC may have helped that.  Girls are in Aurea- followed advice from this board and we dropped our luggage together at the tent.  They let the girls come through security with me, then they broke off to the Aurea/Diamond priority lane.  

Pro Tip- no one knew about “priority boarding” when we asked.  He was going to send the girls into the regular line. Maybe a 30 minute wait.

My daughter pointed out the banner clearly marked “Aurea”  and he sent them that way.  They were immediately checked in and sent away to board!  5 minutes!  

I’m  chilling in the YC pre-board sipping a champagne Waiting on the hubbie who is returning the rental car.

MSC Boarding-  fabulous experience!!!  

35E4E4BC-AE3A-4242-8949-CA58D9A58121.jpeg

• Like 7

About us, experienced but not avid cruisers.  Have sailed NCL (love!), Carnival (like) and RCCL (too many kids!!!).  MSC was all that was available when booking late. Would be lying if I didn’t say the dooms dayer reviews have been troubling.  So much that I upgraded to YC!  Girls are in Aurea Suite with Hot-tub- we started with two of those.  We gave up extra space for YC experience, but the girls had no interest in YC, sigh.  Now to navigate the two experience cruise!  

Meet the cruisers- we love to travel,

but work gets in the way.  Only one DD this time, she’s finishing an education degree at IU.  She had a college friend in tow. 

9B0AC958-1691-4403-88CD-1CADB31A7091.jpeg

2F35AC2C-FB5D-4A08-A8FD-046D44B9EB98.jpeg

• Like 1

We sail on the Merivaglia in the YC in July. We look forward to hearing about your experience. It sounds like being in YC made embarkation easier. It looks like quite the line for the general population.

Our kids are too young to be in their own cabin. We will have to keep ours in the YC with us. 🙂

Look forward to hearing how it works out for yours outside the YC.

We are excited to follow this! Boarding the Meraviglia on March 16th for a quick weekend cruise and eager to find out how much fun you had in the yacht club.

We were able to get a YC duplex suite so will be able to indulge in our own hot tub just like your girls! 

Have a wonderful trip and we can’t wait to see pictures and hear your adventures.

warmest, Amy 

Just now, amygutman said:

We are excited to follow this! Boarding the Meraviglia on March 16th for a quick weekend cruise and eager to find out how much fun you had in the yacht club.

We were able to get a YC duplex suite so will be able to indulge in our own hot tub just like your girls! 

Have a wonderful trip and we can’t wait to see pictures and hear your adventures.

warmest, Amy 

Please let us know about the Duplex Suite. We will be in one ourselves in July. I hear that it is the only YC suite outside the YC doors. I'm also curious how much we will use the hot tub. Hoping to let the kids have electronics while we sip Champagne in the hot tub.

Lunch- we missed sit down dining by a few minutes.  We were assured the YC grill would

Meet our need.  The food was excellent.  I had grilled seabass, shrimp and green beans with a cold glass of Chardonnay.  DH had tenderloin they cut from a whole filet along with shrimp and veggies.  The food was outstanding.

FCD2714C-E830-4B67-ACA4-78C416139092.jpeg

• Like 3

The girls room is on 11 all the way forward.  We started from the horizon pool where they were sun bathing.  Their suite is still flagged “cleaning” although appeared to be set when we entered to look around.  The hot tub needs filling and their beds need separating.  This entire area on 11 has a musty smell.  Not good…

4D42B85E-CBF2-4550-B1E2-363524EC15B5.jpeg

92C31298-AC6F-4A8C-BEBE-2BCEC75F4E1D.jpeg

103716FE-11FF-48B8-8045-C467598C1CD6.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

Looks awesome. Enjoy.

Curious if you can get any beer in the YC lounge or just Heineken? Is the new drink pricing in effect? Can you order the 16$ drinks now?

We were told drinks to $15 but have not seen a menus yet.  Girls have Easy Plus and were given the old Menu with drink to $9.  In YC, they have what you “can” have displayed together and what is an up charge in the middle displayed.  I’ll get a pic!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Mini bar initial set.  Just one beer to start.

526B9AD5-C28C-4700-A4FE-FAF35FC9D8E5.jpeg

Definitely curious if you can get them to stock beer other than Heineken. Happens that Heineken just isn't a beer that I like. Real plus if they will stock Pepsi products.

@fredmdcruisers since they are in YC - all included - no price (or price already paid)

Edited by NorthernCouple
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

Looks awesome. Enjoy.

Curious if you can get any beer in the YC lounge or just Heineken? Is the new drink pricing in effect? Can you order the 16$ drinks now?

The YC is the Premium Plus package...

15 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

The YC is the Premium Plus package...

Sure...but can you actually get a wider selection of beer in the YC lounge or do you have to go to the Anchor bar?

MSC recently increased the Premium Plus pricing but as an offset supposedly the drink price limit goes up to $16. This would be a real smart move since it pisses people off to buy the top drink package and then be handed a menu with drinks just 1$ too expensive for their package.

17 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Bedsides would certainly benefit from plugs/usb ports…

B1ACAF8D-37F1-4C04-8CE2-ACD84A75E18F.jpeg

Does the Meraviglia not have the USB ports in the bottom of these fittings ? The newer Grandiosa and Virtuosa do. I expect Euribia to as well.

12 minutes ago, defbref said:

Does the Meraviglia not have the USB ports in the bottom of these fittings ? The newer Grandiosa and Virtuosa do. I expect Euribia to as well.

They do not…plugs in the desk area only 

image.jpg

• Like 1