Can I bring beer/wine onboard?

capecg

Just wondering if I can bring booze onboard, or if I can buy it at one of the ports and then bring it on board. I remember doing that when we stopped off at Key West...buying a six pack and bringing it back to the room, but that was about 8 yrs. ago and I don't know if things have changed. What have other people done to get around paying the high ship prices for alcohol?

Cait

Which cruiseline? They all have different regulations.

Carnival, for instance, allows a coupla bottles of wine/champagne, and soft drinks to be brought on at embarkation. No beer or liquor. If buying at a port, there's a possibility it will be confiscated and given back to you on the last morning. Many get away with it, putting in the bottom of their tote bags from the ports. It's always iffy.

Okay, I justy found the answer to my own question, which I already knew...no booze allowed to be brought onboard...Does RCCL still offer that drink card where you can pre pay for a certain # of drinks, I think it comes out to be slightly cheaper than buying drinks without the card...It sounds like I really like to drink but I'm just thinking ahead...

Thanks for your reply, Cotton...

We're going on Royal Caribbean and their website says no to bringing on liquor - Just wanted to bring a bottle of wine.

So...no irons either? Will they know if I have a travel iron? Where do they check your bags?

Cait

Okay, I justy found the answer to my own question, which I already knew...no booze allowed to be brought onboard...Does RCCL still offer that drink card where you can pre pay for a certain # of drinks, I think it comes out to be slightly cheaper than buying drinks without the card...It sounds like I really like to drink but I'm just thinking ahead...

Just in case they do have friends of Bill W. meeting on board the ship.:D

quote=capecg...Thanks for your reply, Cotton...

We're going on Royal Caribbean and their website says no to bringing on liquor - Just wanted to bring a bottle of wine.

I guess you'd have to check with RCCL. My sister was on their Spendour of the Seas a coupla weeks ago. She and her cabinmate took two bottles of wine each - in their checked luggage, well-wrapped in bubblewrap and the huge ziplok bags.

So...no irons either? Will they know if I have a travel iron? Where do they check your bags?

Cait

This is a definite No-No on all cruise ships. Please don't try to smuggle your travel iron on. It could cause an overload on the circuits, thus starting a fire. They DO check your luggage. All luggage is x-rayed, both checked luggage as well as carry-on. If they notice the iron, your luggage will be opened and the iron removed. Most cabin stewards will remove an iron from cabins if it gets past security. So - just leave it home.

There are passenger laundry rooms for you to use, or you can send your things to be pressed. There are also products like Downey Wrinkle Release that work very well. What I do is to turn on the hot water in the shower, then turn it off and hang my clothing in the bathroom and shut the door for a few minutes. Amazingly, the wrinkles steam away!:)

I hope you have a happy and SAFE cruise!

Archived