Magic - Balcony room with 4 people and scooter

thewynn

Guest BasicSailor
On 3/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, jsglow said:

Please report back when your MIL gets it parked all week in storage

Yea, I'll be sure to update you.😉

On 3/12/2023 at 6:52 PM, BasicSailor said:

Yes, it is. Either that or I'm going blind.😁

It's not allowed, just not enforced.  Your eyesight is correct if you see them in the hallway.  It then becomes a hassle for another scooter to squeeze by and also is a fire hazard.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:34 PM, BasicSailor said:

🤣 😉Whatever was supposed to be enforced was not of any concern to anyone.

It wasn't a concern to the powers that be on those sailings because 90% of the time rules that are broken are allowed by Carnival.  

But it was a concern to anyone else on that hall that was in a scooter and had to squeeze by the illegally parked scooter of your M-I-L.

• Like 2

Took a folding wheelchair last year. Pushed husband around for 8 days. Only problem we had was getting down halls where scooters were parked, food trays left by doorways or room attendants set their cleaning carts. Hallways are narrow. Please don't leave your scooters out!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lubedobedo said:

Please don't leave your scooters out!

Your statement is falling on deaf ears.  Those who choose to leave their scooters in the hallway are card carrying members of the me society who only think about themselves and have no empathy towards others with regards to the implications of their actions.

I would give serious consideration to getting (or borrowing) a transport wheelchair for this cruise. They are fairly inexpensive and can come in handy in many short duration situations where dealing with an electric scooter can be a huge hassle. We used one for my mother-in-law on a 5 day cruise and it was perfect. Because it folds up, it can take up less space that a full blown scooter. It was also useful when I would take her to doctor appointments, hair appointments, etc. It just requires an extra person to push it around.

Here is an example. We have a MedLine one also but was able to get it through Costco.

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Lightweight-Transport-Wheelchair-Handbrakes/dp/B007WA1ZG4

Edited by SDPadreFan