Arvia Retreat Pricing

WelshmanAtSea

I wonder if anyone who has recently been on Arvia could give a little feedback on The Retreat. 

As a loyal P&O Customer I have used the Retreat on Ventura, Azura and Iona and enjoy the tranquility provided. Being fair that's really all it provides as the Fruit in the Morning, Chicken Salad at Lunch and Scone with Brownie for Afternoon Tea are average at very best and do not vary at all. We always go wandering if we are hungry as there are much better options around the Ship. 

The main reason for asking what the Retreat is like on Arvia is the pricing, I have just checked and for 2 weeks in August the cost is £429 per person. I know its the Summer holidays and it may be appealing to have an Adult only area but that really does sound excessive in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, WelshmanAtSea said:

I wonder if anyone who has recently been on Arvia could give a little feedback on The Retreat. 

As a loyal P&O Customer I have used the Retreat on Ventura, Azura and Iona and enjoy the tranquility provided. Being fair that's really all it provides as the Fruit in the Morning, Chicken Salad at Lunch and Scone with Brownie for Afternoon Tea are average at very best and do not vary at all. We always go wandering if we are hungry as there are much better options around the Ship. 

The main reason for asking what the Retreat is like on Arvia is the pricing, I have just checked and for 2 weeks in August the cost is £429 per person. I know its the Summer holidays and it may be appealing to have an Adult only area but that really does sound excessive in my opinion. 

We've used the retreat on azura

(It was cheaper then as well)

We felt the same day about the food options. If you only eat what's provided in the retreat then you are missing out on better lunches and snacks outside. IMO. But of course you can go outside as well

Something else relevant is that although there should always be space in the retreat and it's certainly way less packed in than the  rest of the ship. There are without doubt best places to be. Some places won't be in the sun. Some of the sun loungers are too close to the glass etc. Like everywhere else on the ship.

So just like the rest of the ship you still face having to get there as soon as it's open (not sure when that is tbh) to get the best spot to sunbathe

We are early risers now. We get up early secure  best spaces for us outside of the retreat and spend what we've saved by not using the retreat on frozen cocktails in the swim up bar at the back of Arvia.

Which is normally unexpectedly quiet and serene.

I assumed there would be lots of people in that swim up bar all of the time

1 hour ago, WelshmanAtSea said:

It is £245 p.p.on Iona 

7 hours ago, logielynn said:

I’m not sure if I’m reading it properly, you are only allowed in the retreat for 2 hours then you have to leave all for £858 a couple, is this the case .

Retreat is all day access??

Maybe the spa facilities might be 2 hr access?

Perhaps they are 2 different things you must be looking at?

The Retreat is the Adult only Sun Deck area at the front of the ships, the access is all day and I am looking at the full cruise package. 

My main question is does the Retreat on Arvia have anything different to the other ships to justify it being quite a bit more expensive? I may be being a little tight but £858 for the two of us to have nicer sun loungers is getting more than a little pricey. In the past I have paid between £100 and £150 per person per week for access on other P&O ships which I am happy with. £200 plus per person per week really is getting silly in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, WelshmanAtSea said:

The Retreat is the Adult only Sun Deck area at the front of the ships, the access is all day and I am looking at the full cruise package. 

My main question is does the Retreat on Arvia have anything different to the other ships to justify it being quite a bit more expensive? I may be being a little tight but £858 for the two of us to have nicer sun loungers is getting more than a little pricey. In the past I have paid between £100 and £150 per person per week for access on other P&O ships which I am happy with. £200 plus per person per week really is getting silly in my opinion. 

Maybe they have to make it expensive to keep the numbers down for those who do want to access it?

With the ship being so big?

On 3/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, WelshmanAtSea said:

On the recent TA it was fully subscribed and there was a faff when early risers not only saved the ‘twin beds’ but separate loungers as well 🤦‍♂️ The biggest surprise was being told there would be no pro rata refund for the 2 days it was out of bounds due to the upper decks shutdown in poor weather conditions. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, devonuk said:

On the recent TA it was fully subscribed and there was a faff when early risers not only saved the ‘twin beds’ but separate loungers as well 🤦‍♂️ The biggest surprise was being told there would be no pro rata refund for the 2 days it was out of bounds due to the upper decks shutdown in poor weather conditions. 

Like I said - people compete for the best spots in The Retreat just like everywhere else

For those who like to sunbathe there's often a shady side - so what's good in the morning may not be good in the afternoon

There's also a lot of glass screens round the sides of the Retreat and I don't  think being close to those is a good place to be

We liked the back of the ship deck 16 in the middle if poss near to the infinity pool as that meant you could get the sun throughout  the day

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..I'm not sure if it's still relavent, but the retreat on Arvia also includes a limited selection of drinks.. wine, beer etc. 

So for some, this would be a good compromise between the drinks package and totally buying your own. 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I had a friend check The Retreat out for me a few weeks ago (I actually forgot she was working onboard,) as you say on Arvia it now includes a small selection of Wine, Beer & Soft Drinks which in my opinion goes quite some way to justifying the price. 

After learning this I went ahead and booked a full cruise access pass and its my intention to take advantage of the drinks there during the day rather than purchase the drinks package. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Going on Arvia on 17th September. I have over £1000 OBC so wanted to book the Retreat onboard. Those with recent experience, will there be space ?

There was a waitlist when I was on there last. Beware of bed ‘hoggers’ who will have 2 sets of beds covered in towels, books etc. for when the sun moves around. So infuriating 😡

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just posted a question about this actually, is it only on Arvia? My parents are sailing Britannia later this year and are planning to purchase Retreat access for the cruise. It seems odd they'd offer it on one ship but not on another? Any insights, greatly appreciated! 

I can't help sorry not been on Britannia so I have no personal knowledge of the Retreat onboard. Having used Retreat on Ventura, Azura and Iona in the past it is different to what is currently being offered onboard Arvia at the moment. 

Its just 6 weeks until I am on Arvia so will try my best to highlight the differences I find using the Retreat compared to my previous experience. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:01 AM, voyagerL said:

I just posted a question about this actually, is it only on Arvia? My parents are sailing Britannia later this year and are planning to purchase Retreat access for the cruise. It seems odd they'd offer it on one ship but not on another? Any insights, greatly appreciated! 

I’ve just booked a 2 week Retreat pass ahead of my Christmas cruise on Brittania, £245. It was in the Spa section in the online account thingy 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I’m onboard and spent some time in The Retreat. I can report there are indeed a selection of drinks included on a self serve basis plus the menu is enhanced over that previously experienced on other P&O Ships.

Does it represent value for money, well that is still very subjective. The Ship is very busy and the Sundecks rammed so I’d have paid the premium just for the space and tranquility. 

What I would say is the staff are very attentive and friendly, much different to the Retreat staff on Iona who clearly don’t enjoy the Fjords. IMG_7592.thumb.jpeg.c760289979cf1d389a413ac383a648f8.jpegIMG_7593.thumb.jpeg.edeb36e146626d82b3863cee50dc238b.jpeg

• Like 3