Monkeyland Taino Bay Puerto Plata

coondogg97

I couldn't find much information on Monkey Island in Taino Bay so I figured I would leave a post about the details. I've read conflicting reports about the tours and I think some people may be getting confused, I know I was. All we wanted to do was hang out with Monkeys. We weren't interested in zip lining or going on a two hour tour and trying Mamajuana. All we wanted was the time with the Monkeys and it couldn't have been easier. 

We walked off the ship and walked directly to the Monkey Island house. It is tucked in the corner of Taino Bay right by a bar and a bunch of retail shops. We walked up at 11:15am and after paying $25pp and filling out some paperwork we were hanging with the monkeys by 11:30am. We ended up going into the monkey house 3 times so we had a few different guides. They were all great guys and knew exactly how to get the monkeys to interact with their guests. Between the tours we walked around Taino Bay and did some shopping and grabbed some lunch. It may have been the easiest and possibly cheapest excursion that we've ever done and we all had a blast!

They will also take pictures of you with the monkeys and you can buy them after the tour. Since we ended up doing three tours we just purchased one package and all the pictures were available to download, I think it was $30-$40 and we ended up with 77 pictures. Still cheaper than any excursion you would book through the ship and it was a memory that we will never forget. 

• Like 4

Thank you so much for the info! We will be there Monday. I have been looking all week for info on this and all I found was the tour info on bus ride to monkey island for $89.pp. Nice to know the monkeys are at the cruise port as well. When I first started researching this I thought read or saw a video of someone stating $25.pp and then I could not find it again. Great, that's two ports I have figured out now. Thanks again!