G312 Iona to Fjords

Cpt Pugwash

I booked this cruise today and as the last time i visited Stavanger it was a Public Holiday and most places were shut so looked up Public Holidays for this year and May 1st is one in Norway.

Guess what date Iona is visiting Stavanger? 😞

Either that or they've heard i'm returning. 😞😞😞

14.JPG

We did a cruise over the week of the Diamond Jubilee.  Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

Copenhagen visit was on June 5th a Danish national holiday, the day after we stopped in Helsingbord.  6th June is Swedish national holiday!

8 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

We did a cruise over the week of the Diamond Jubilee.  Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

Copenhagen visit was on June 5th a Danish national holiday, the day after we stopped in Helsingbord.  6th June is Swedish national holiday!

That's more than just bad luck, are you sure nobody has a Voodoo Doll of you and was sticking pins in it.? 😀

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

The boat trip along to pulpit rock will probably still run. Buy it locally and dave a few Bob.

Looked at that after i came back the last time as the company  that does the P&O trip is just the other side of bay but this year P&O is actually a few pounds cheaper and  the company only does a 3pm sailing that day.

11 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Looked at that after i came back the last time as the company  that does the P&O trip is just the other side of bay but this year P&O is actually a few pounds cheaper and  the company only does a 3pm sailing that day.

We were there in July with Celebrity. We left on the trip about 10.00am. It was about half the Celebrity price. We did a couple of P&O excursions last year in the Med. Pretty decent prices.