June 27, 2023 Sailing from NY

tush

Hi tush,

Glad to see that you have started a roll call!  We were originally booked on the Magic but transferred to the Venezia when the ships were changed.  Am really looking forward to cruising on the Veneqia

So happy that we will now have a ship sailing year round from NY.

I will be sailing with my adult kids and 2 grandsons.  Grandsons have never been on a cruise so I am hoping they will enjoy  

it.  

• 1 month later...

Well, I see that we are still the only people going on this cruise!  It will be nice to have the whole ship to ourselves!

I haven't been on CC because I was away for the past month so really expected to check back in and see lots of comments from other cruisers.  Maybe its because the ship has a lot of new cruisers booked who are not familiar with CC. I am guessing that there will be tons of kids on this cruise.  I tried to booked the green eggs and ham breakfast for the grands when initially released and was already sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 8 of us (4 adults, 4 teens) are on this too. Very much looking forward to seeing some real photos of the cabins next week...

Does anyone have any insight into the boarding process (if you don't pay for fancy priority)? We have to book a car service and I'm getting antsy worrying about the timing - if I tell them I need to be there at 1PM and then our slot is 2:30PM I don't know what we will do with bags and testy people for 1.5 hours... Conversely I don't want to have to move the booking earlier at the last minute. I really trust my car service, but I know they need to take other bookings so I don't want to take over their day.

Our last cruise we drove to it, and it was from Bayonne, so I feel unprepared for NYC boarding. 

Edited by Usuallyrightagain

Have sailed out of NYC,,usually pier 88 for Carnival, numerous time and the terminal is usually very crowded early in the day but lines seem to move along if not fast at least steadily once they begin to move.  I am thinking that by your arrival time of 1pm and boarding time of 230pm that you will not experience any of the earlier craziness and that your boarding experience will probably be quick and easy.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Host Kat changed the title to June 27, 2023 Sailing from NY