How Early Can We Check In At Port For The Jewel?

trickiedick

Obviously the port is staffed prior to the printed time they say you can check in. We've always gotten to the port about 10:30am-11:00am and typically check right in (sometimes we did have to wait though to actually get ON the ship - typically when we got there at 10:30a.m.).

Word of note....in Miami the buses start to arrive at the port around 12:30pm-1:30pm....check in then becomes a nightmare due to the number of people arriving all at the same time all wanting to check in at the same time.

In Feb. the Lat. line (at least) was open by late morning (11:30) and we were onboard by noon. Easiest embarkation we've had, but a rather long walk to the gangway, in case you have older folks with you.

Tsar's open for sit down lunch or the buffets/grills/Blue Lagoon, so lots of choice there.

Enjoy!

Come April 30th I'm going to be one of those people on a bus all arriving at the port within minutes of other buses arriving waiting in a huge, long line waiting to check in. Not looking forward to it but on a transatlantic cruise and flying back into an airport half the state away from where the ship leaves doesn't give us any other choice.

Get there a little early and save yourself some headaches.

I would plan on arriving at about 11:00. You will be able to check in without a crowd and will experience a short wait if any. We just returned from the Jewel. It is a magnificent ship.

Hi ron46936,

Are you going to be putting up a review? Did you just get back? We were just on the B2B in Feb. and I put up a 6 "episode" review, maybe while you were gone. I'd be very interested in hearing your experience so soon afterwards.

Hope you had a great time!:D

Archived