Leaving First Cruise Sunday on Liberty

KateV

We will be leaving Sunday on our first cruise on the 6 day Liberty. Have read a lot of great information on this site and took the good with the bad.

We are taking my daughter and her 3 friends(18 & 19) on this trip and are hoping this will be a great cruise for them and my husband. I am going for sun and relaxation and chose the Liberty since it is a new ship and heard that Carnival is fun for all ages.

My main concern was not getting sea sick, we are on the Empress deck forward (balcony and 2 inside cabins) so I am a little concerned. The reviews seemed pretty good with food choices and entertainment. Looking forward to Grand Cayman and hopefully Costa Maya.

I will write a review when we are back. Hope I don't overpack :)

Wish I was one of your daughters lucky friends.

You will love the Liberty, it is a beautifil ship and offers a lot. We sailed on the Liberty last summer to Europe and will sailing again this coming December.

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful vacation.

AS for the Seasick, never had a problem,.

Hey! I will be on the Liberty in 2 weeks...my first cruise, too. I'm concerned about getting seasick, too. A LOT of ppl on these boards swear by ginger pills. I'm not sure of the exact doseage. I think you start taking them the day before your cruise and take them in the morning. That's what I'm planning on taking.

Have so much fun!!!

We just came back from the Liberty on the 4th of March.

The sailing from FLL to Freeport was very rough. Our 9 year old daughter got sick. This is her 4th cruise and she has never gotten sick before. I do think, however, that some of it was mind over matter. A lot of passengers got sick but we were told that the seas were "unusually" rough that night.

I think Ginger pills would have worked just fine IF we had given them to her PRIOR to her getting sick.

Have a great cruise!!!

Still trying to get over the cruise depression!

Thanks for the article, great advice. Born2cruz what deck were you on? Was it only bad the first night. Hope your daughter enjoyed her vacation.

I think my daughters friends are pretty lucky too....

We will be leaving Sunday on our first cruise on the 6 day Liberty. Have read a lot of great information on this site and took the good with the bad.

We are taking my daughter and her 3 friends(18 & 19) on this trip and are hoping this will be a great cruise for them and my husband. I am going for sun and relaxation and chose the Liberty since it is a new ship and heard that Carnival is fun for all ages.

My main concern was not getting sea sick, we are on the Empress deck forward (balcony and 2 inside cabins) so I am a little concerned. The reviews seemed pretty good with food choices and entertainment. Looking forward to Grand Cayman and hopefully Costa Maya.

I will write a review when we are back. Hope I don't overpack :)

Katie,Look for our roll call for 3/12/06, Lots of us have been talking back and forth for months. We are planning a meet and greet Welcome aboard.

We will be leaving Sunday on our first cruise on the 6 day Liberty.

My main concern was not getting sea sick, we are on the Empress deck forward (balcony and 2 inside cabins) so I am a little concerned. :)

Try not to get sick in the public areas. Im on the cruise AFTER you on Libery March 18!!!

Try not to get sick in the public areas. Im on the cruise AFTER you on Libery March 18!!!
Atleast add one of these ... :D , so we don't think badly of you. :p (see)

Kate, we were on the Elation in '98, a Mexican Riviera cruise, and crossed paths with a hurricane, by Tuesday the dining rooms were empty, but we never got sick (luckily). The best medicine, don't stand by the windows, balcony or open deck and watch the water go up and down. I couldn't believe the number of cabins we walked by, we were on Riviera deck for that cruise, that had their drapes open. :rolleyes: Duh!

I always give everybody in the family about 1/2 a tablet of non drowsy Dramamine before we get on board. We take it for a couple of days, after we get our sea legs we quit. If you take the meds after you start feeling sick, it's too late!

...just to add a bit.....if you sort of start feeling whoozy...sit down and close your eyes....that helps alot....also, for some, sipping water or having a bite to eat (small bites) helps settle the stomach.

Being rested helps to resist seasickness too. Lots of folks find relief with the Dramamine and the other OTC anti-nausea medication.

Have a wonderful cruise...there's nothing like the first one......wonderful memories always.

Happy Sails! :D

Archived