I think I need to call...re: minor/possible no show

I booked a cruise for my husband, my 17 year old son, and I for next March.  We have invited my adult nephew to join us, but I'm not sure he will.  When I booked the rooms, I put my husband and myself in one cabin and my son and nephew in one cabin.  If I think there is a chance my nephew wouldn't go, should I call and change who is in what room, so that one of the parents is in the room with my son?  My fear is that they wouldn't let a minor be alone in a cabin, if the adult booked into it no-showed.  I don't necessarily want to wait on hold if it isn't necessary, but I would hate to run into issues over something I could have fixed.

If the rooms are adjacent or across the hall from each other, the 17-year-old should be able to stay alone. My grandchildren, 15, 14 and 12, were able to stay alone across the hall from their parents. They did book it through a travel agent however.

• Like 1

You shouldn't have a problem since your cabins are presumably linked.  That also gives you/him the option to change the name on the reservation if your nephew can't go but your son wants to invite a friend.  We never had a problem with my kids as teens booked in adjoining cabin (even once a few years down).