NCL Escape Studio Cabin Questions

Ellis1138

I'm trying to figure out what the white space is in this picture. I circled it in red. Is that a door to the Studio cabins or is it just where the hallway turns?

Also, if anyone knows the answer to this, I would be very appreciative: Do they have 6-sided zippered encasements on the mattresses or just the fitted 5-sided ones? Or worse, nothing at all on the mattresses beneath the bed sheets. I have allergies, so I need to know if I have to bring my own stuff.

StudioCabinWhiteArea.jpg

That's most likely a door (multiple egress routes are needed and the only other access point[s] for that hall are at the other end), but I can find out this weekend as I board the ship on Saturday and I happen to be staying in a Studio!

• Thanks 2

I’m pretty sure it’s a door but it’s been a while since I was on Escape.

i haven’t a clue about the mattress but I did find a feather pillow in my studio when I arrived and had to call housekeeping to ensure all feather bedding was removed. Apparently the feather bedding is only supposed to be in suites or haven cabins. 
You can notify NCL ahead of time about allergies and check if they have the right materials to protect you. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

You can notify NCL ahead of time about allergies and check if they have the right materials to protect you. 

I do always contact the access desk, since in addition to dust mites, I have allergies to fragrance, and food allergies and also have a cpap machine.

And Hallux, if you could find out (my cabin will be 11519) what the white space is and also the mattress cover situation, that would rock! 

2 hours ago, hallux said:

That's most likely a door (multiple egress routes are needed and the only other access point[s] for that hall are at the other end), but I can find out this weekend as I board the ship on Saturday and I happen to be staying in a Studio!

These forums seem to no longer allow person to person messaging, but I would love any information about the mattress and bedding, so I know how many allergy covers to bring and what size. That does look like a full size bed, but sometimes cruise cabins just have 2 small beds pushed together.

4 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

That does look like a full size bed, but sometimes cruise cabins just have 2 small beds pushed together.

It's a room intended for 1, the double-occupancy cabins allow the beds to separate in case two people that are not interested in sharing a bed have booked the cabin together.

1 minute ago, Ellis1138 said:

These forums seem to no longer allow person to person messaging, but I would love any information about the mattress and bedding, so I know how many allergy covers to bring and what size. That does look like a full size bed, but sometimes cruise cabins just have 2 small beds pushed together.

it’s definitely not 2 mattresses as I didn’t feel any divide like on Epic. It is supposed to be hypoallergenic bedding in the Studios but, as I experienced, bedding can migrate. 
The mattress was a European double size, which is smaller than king or queen size. You may want them to take away the throw pillows as I suspect they are not hypoallergenic. I kept them stuffed under the bed for my cruises. 
I will say I slept really really well on Escape and no itchy eyes or sneezing which would happen if there were feathers. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

I could be wrong but I'm almost certain there was no zippered casing. The reason I say that is because I noticed it was a "pillowtop" type bed. (twin bed in an inside cabin on the Joy)  I dont think I would be aware of that had it been encased in a cover

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smitheroo said:

I could be wrong but I'm almost certain there was no zippered casing. The reason I say that is because I noticed it was a "pillowtop" type bed. (twin bed in an inside cabin on the Joy)  I dont think I would be aware of that had it been encased in a cover

Thanks. It's very rare that I ever stay anywhere that has one. PURE hotels used to, but they stopped because it took housekeeping too long. Yeah, you wouldn't be able to tell by visual if the mattress had a pillowtop feature, but you would feel that through the encasement.