Whale watching in poor weather at Juneau

eileeshb

I’ll be sailing in October and trying to decide between 2 whale watching excursions.

I’d be booking via NCL but from some digging I figured out the excursion providers 

Discover Alaska’s Whales - smaller boat run by Gastineau guiding

Whale watching & wildlife quest - bigger boat run by Allen Marine.

I’m hoping someone has experience of either of these companies and the likelihood of excursion cancellation if it’s a bit rough. Heavy seas aren’t a problem for me but I know some companies are more conservative than others. There is a greater chance of inclement weather in October hence my concern. 
(And before anyone asks it’s the only month I can sail for an Alaskan itinerary due to work)

I doubt that Gastineau or any independent tours will be running in October.  Allen Marine does the ship tours and may be running on a limited basis.  The whales start leaving for Hawaii in September, but there should still be a few around.

October gets a lot of storms and can pour rain for days. The tour may get canceled for wind, but not for rain.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:59 AM, wolfie11 said:

I doubt that Gastineau or any independent tours will be running in October.  Allen Marine does the ship tours and may be running on a limited basis.  The whales start leaving for Hawaii in September, but there should still be a few around.

October gets a lot of storms and can pour rain for days. The tour may get canceled for wind, but not for rain.

Gastineau are running the discover Alaska’s Whales on my cruise date for NCL, their photo safari excursion is not running in October due to the shorter daylight hours.