FYI, For Those Of You Who Bring Your Own Wine

Lois R

Here we don't pay fees for BYOB places...I assume you are not bringing a double Vendage (or equivalent) to a restaruant with a liquor license....I hope, I hope, I hope....:o

As for the CBP....maybe we could start a new thread with a list of no-fail ideas....;)

You can stop hoping, I promise you it's not a double Vendage :eek: ! Promise me they don't even make such a thing... We do pay corkage here unless you know the owner or the chef, then it's usually waived. Since my DH is in the business, we don't usually pay but we would be fine if we were charged.

I just wonder, if I put the wine in my checked luggage, are they really going to search it? I'm on Amtrak crossing the border...

:mad:Legally you can bring two 750 m bottles for each adult. That's more than several yrs. ago. however. :)

Ever think about shipping the rest to your next US port?

Shipping to the next port only presents the problem of getting it on the ship as a carry on then. We had planned on bringing it on in checked luggage. I'm afraid it would be confiscated as a carry on.

BTW, two 750s is still the law

Archived