Questions about special dining reservations and packages

Joe33472

Just wondering when specialty dining packages usually go on sale and how far in advance can you make reservations?  

I read online that there are usually onboard sales (outside the buffet) but I’m thinking that if reservations can be made before boarding that it might be worth purchasing the package in advance and/or if there really isn’t onboard sales.  

Also wondering if these prices look current?   

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Tradeshow_in_a_Box/12029863_CEL_DiningPackages_Pricing_Flyer.pdf

5 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

Just wondering when specialty dining packages usually go on sale and how far in advance can you make reservations?  

I read online that there are usually onboard sales (outside the buffet) but I’m thinking that if reservations can be made before boarding that it might be worth purchasing the package in advance and/or if there really isn’t onboard sales.  

Also wondering if these prices look current?   

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Tradeshow_in_a_Box/12029863_CEL_DiningPackages_Pricing_Flyer.pdf

There were no discounts once on board.  In fact, reservations were difficult to obtain on the ship.  There was a pre-cruise sale which amounted to 8%.  We made individual reservations so we could have the days and times we desired which is not available with the package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keesar said:

There were no discounts once on board.  In fact, reservations were difficult to obtain on the ship.  There was a pre-cruise sale which amounted to 8%.  We made individual reservations so we could have the days and times we desired which is not available with the package.

Thanks, I was wondering if the on board sale was a thing of the past.    So, if you buy a package you can’t make reservations until on board and then it’s difficult to make reservations on desired days and times, that doesn’t sounds so great.  But, if you make reservations without the package you can start making those prior to being onboard?    When does the availability to make those reservations open up?  

10 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Onboard discounts for specialties are a thing of the past.

If you book a package online before sailing, you can't pick your days/times until onboard.

Is this a definite thing of the past for all sailings, and if so any idea when that happened? 

We ate at the rooftop grill on Reflection on the first night last September and 3 or 4 days later the Maitre'd saw us in the sunset bar and told us if we wanted to eat there again he would give us a good discount. We didn't take him up on the offer because we already had another specialty booked plus were quite enjoying eating in Blu anyway so not sure what the discount would have been.

I don't think there is a specific timeframe when dining becomes available. Dining reservations were available for my Beyond cruise in January 2024 before I could book dining for my Silhouette cruise in August 2023. Just check periodically. 

51 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

I don't think there is a specific timeframe when dining becomes available. Dining reservations were available for my Beyond cruise in January 2024 before I could book dining for my Silhouette cruise in August 2023. Just check periodically. 

Hi Betty, thanks for the information, I'll keep checking periodically.     When you make the reservations do you use the app or the website, or is it the same?  Thanks again!