Check in issues, 2 cabins

bartleby112

Last night at midnight was the time to check in.  So at midnight. i log in and begin check in.

About our set up. 2 cabins, wife and i in each, 2 kids with her, 1 kid with me.  I finish my cabin, go to check in hers (it tells me "ready to check in" for her cabin.).  When i click on it, it just takes me to my cabin which is complete and goes to the end.  Log out try again, keeps doing this. 

more about our booking.  Booked through a TA.  I can log into my carnival account and manage all aspects of our bookings.  my cabin, their cabin etc.  Set up dinning, book excursions etc.  So it was odd that it wasn't allowing me to check her in.  Friends in the SAME situation, 2 adults between 2 rooms with kids had zero issues checking in last night. 

Come this AM.  wife gets into work and i had to have her log in and create an account on carnival to check in her side of our 2 cabin booking.  So we are now checked in for both, which is great.  Glad i didn't have to call carnival. 

But my question, and perhaps to help a future cruiser doing the same with their family.  why did this happen?  everyone else on our Roll call that had 2 or more cabins in their family/group was able to check in all 3 cabins at one time by one person.  Even right now, i log into carnival, it stills shows her cabin as needing to check in, but she did it on her own account an hour ago. And when i click on documents. even though she checked in, i cannot print her boarding passes.  But i can print mine.

We do have 2 different booking numbers, is this the issue? do folks who book the 2 connecting cabins for their families normally get one booking number?  Is this an issue with our TA?  Should we have our TA contact carnival and give me full 100% control of it all? 

2 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

I hate to ask this, but are the booking numbers linked?  It may be as simple as that.  They should be, but maybe something got mixed up and the bookings aren’t linked.  If they are, then I am at a loss as to why this happened.

Define linked? I could go in and schedule a massage for my wife. book cheers.  purchase and assign excursions. 

Is there another level beyond that? Our last cruise was 3.5 years ago.  I honestly don't remember if we had to check in separately then too. 

IN the "before you go" section on the left side. it shows (2 staterooms, shows both booking numbers, mine is complete, hers still needs to be done) I have the option to print documents for both rooms.  i can print my boarding passes, but not hers.  I can print luggage tags for both rooms.

7 hours ago, bartleby112 said:

Define linked? I could go in and schedule a massage for my wife. book cheers.  purchase and assign excursions. 

Is there another level beyond that? Our last cruise was 3.5 years ago.  I honestly don't remember if we had to check in separately then too. 

IN the "before you go" section on the left side. it shows (2 staterooms, shows both booking numbers, mine is complete, hers still needs to be done) I have the option to print documents for both rooms.  i can print my boarding passes, but not hers.  I can print luggage tags for both rooms.

You’re linked.  Am at a loss as I have always been able to check in for the other cabin.  Now here is what may be a stupid question — are you both the same VIFP level?  If you are platinum and she is not, you can’t check her in at the 16 day mark.  I thought this could be done, but was corrected.

59 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

You’re linked.  Am at a loss as I have always been able to check in for the other cabin.  Now here is what may be a stupid question — are you both the same VIFP level?  If you are platinum and she is not, you can’t check her in at the 16 day mark.  I thought this could be done, but was corrected.

nope. both gold.