Reminiscent of World Traveller Jan 26th 2023 cruise

rloke

On 10/14/2023 at 8:04 PM, ShopperfiendTO said:

Hi OP,

After the cruise, did you fly from USH to EZE and then stay at the airport to catch your flight back to Canada later that day?

If you did, could you let us know how that worked logistically?  I assume that the USH-EZE leg was on a flight chartered by Atlas and the EZE-Canada flight was on your own separate booking, so there was no "linking" the two itineraries or checking through the luggage from the USH-EZE flight to the EZE-Canada flight?

If this was the case, then upon landing at EZE from USH, did you have to exit the secured area, pick up your luggage from the USH-EZE flight, and recheck-in for your EZE-Canada flight as if you were never in the airport and just coming in from the city? 

That sounds annoying and a waste time having to do 2 check-ins and security screenings even though the connection is in the same airport and you could have possibly remained in the secured area if they just checked the luggage to the EZE-Canada flight.

Did your USH-EZE flight land in the same terminal as where your EZE-Canada flight was departing from?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!   

We had an extra night in BA and didn't fly home until the next afternoon.

In any case, I believe there is a high chance that a change of terminal is needed.

IIRC, the charter landed at Terminal C. Our AC flight home was from Terminal A.

There are some international flights through Terminal C though (such as if you are flying Delta with a connection in the US for example). But I am not sure, even in that scenario, if you could bypass extra check-in/security. You need to go through immigration/custom to exit Argentina and I don't know if that is available in the "secured area" within Terminal C.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...