Breakaway - Waterfront restaurants, reserve outdoor dining?

LGinPA

When making dinner reservations using the NCL app or website, I don't see a way to specify we'd like to sit outside on the Waterfront. Does anyone have experience with requesting outdoor dining at La Cucina, Cagney's, Moderno or Ocean Blue? 

Edited: to add that we are NOT Haven. 

Edited by LGinPA

We have just asked and never had an issue. If you are concerned and are not in Haven, I would stop by the restaurant and ask or go to the reservation desk and let them know.

If in Haven, then I would just tell them when you board.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Sometimes, it can be very chilly and not very private to eat outdoors.  A moving ship makes its own breeze.

Yes, I can imagine. However we'll be in Greece, Italy and Malta in July, so HOT weather is expected.

2 hours ago, LGinPA said:

When making dinner reservations using the NCL app or website, I don't see a way to specify we'd like to sit outside on the Waterfront. Does anyone have experience with requesting outdoor dining at La Cucina, Cagney's, Moderno or Ocean Blue? 

You can not reserve outside. The biggest reason is that there will likely be several days during your cruise when outdoors seating is unusable. Rain, wind, too hot, too cold. If the waterfront is open, you can request seating out there when

you arrive. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can not reserve outside. The biggest reason is that there will likely be several days during your cruise when outdoors seating is unusable. Rain, wind, too hot, too cold. If the waterfront is open, you can request seating out there when

you arrive. 

Great, thanks. This helps. 🙂

On 3/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, LGinPA said:

You can't specifically reserve the Waterfront outdoor seating, but there usually is no difficulty in having the hostess seat you there.  As some have noted, when the ship is moving there is a fairly stiff breeze, so many passengers don't want outdoor seating.  Most of the specialty restaurants have wind screens around the outdoor tables, but it still can be a bit windy.  It can get quite cool in the evenings while at sea, but most of the outdoor seating areas have heating units in the ceiling.  We always choose the outdoors if the temperature and wind are tolerable, even if not ideal.  It's all about the ambiance of al fresco dining.

• Thanks 2