Regal Princess information... :)

Whoey

At the Captain's Club Cocktail Dinner, the Captain of the Pacific Sun, Roger Bilton announced the following:

Regal Princess will join the P&O Australia fleet, sometime in 2007 (he didn't know exactly when) and will most likely be called :

Pacific Dawn

He declared the ship will sail from Sydney (no surprise there) and the name was almost a certainty.

I asked him afterwards what the future of Pacific Sun will be and he replied that he honestly did not know at this time however he expects the ship to remain in the fleet.

I floated the idea of Pacific Star sailing half yearly from Melbourne as Pacific Sky has done and he said he did not believe P&O will move Pacific Star as it is doing well (his words).

I only had literally 1 minute with him and this is all he said.

He did a 10 minute talk to all who attended the short cocktail party. In his speech he talked up the Regal Princess saying how finally the Australian Fleet will be getting a mega liner or words to that effect with over 150 balconies. He sounded genuinely impressed with the ship and not at all * just going through the motions * like a lot of other cruise bits and pieces come across as.

Everyone was pretty excited to hear about the new ship.

There is also a Future Cruise desk onboard near the Purser's Desk where passengers can enquire and book a new cruise. I asked the lady here about Regal Princess etc and she said there has been no official announcements but expect one soon (whatever that means).

She did say the second half of 2007 cruises will be announced in April or early May and these will include Regal Princess cruises (cool !)

We are on Regal Princess now, en route Puerto Madryn, Argentina.

Future Cruise Consultant told me yesterday, the Regal will reposition West coast US to Sydney in Oct or Nov 07. Unknown if she will drydock in States first, or after arrival in Sydney. May be a Pacific Theater WW2 cruise like Sky did, when she left Princess fleet, back in 8-00 (great cruise - we were on it).

Regal currently in very good shape - our 3rd trip on her.

I think our Aussie friends will enjoy her - nice size ship!

We are on Regal Princess now, en route Puerto Madryn, Argentina.

Future Cruise Consultant told me yesterday, the Regal will reposition West coast US to Sydney in Oct or Nov 07. Unknown if she will drydock in States first, or after arrival in Sydney. May be a Pacific Theater WW2 cruise like Sky did, when she left Princess fleet, back in 8-00 (great cruise - we were on it).

Regal currently in very good shape - our 3rd trip on her.

I think our Aussie friends will enjoy her - nice size ship!

Isn't that strange - the waiters all were telling us that she was sailing Spring 07 and yet a captain doesn't know. Alot of the staff are looking at going on to the new ship.

Archived