Specific question on HAL transfer to Seattle airport

Sea Hag

I'm not interested in hearing that a taxi or Uber would be cheaper. My hubby's preference is cruiseline shuttle, so that's what we do. 🙂 I'm just looking for definitive information on a specific question.

Does anybody know/remember where the transfer from the ship to the Seattle airport drops people off? It makes a difference to us, in terms of what airline we fly. If the HAL bus drops people off at the lower level location where there's a Delta checkin desk, then we'll fly Delta. If it drops people off at departures, then we'll try and find a flight on a different airline that's later than what we can get on Delta so we can use Port Valet and not have to truck our luggage through the airport to baggage checkin. We flew out of Seattle last August, and I've honestly never seen such an insanely crowded mess in any airport in my life. I worry that it'll be the same when we return from our September sailing on the Westerdam.

Any information on this will be very much appreciated.

We took the shuttle from Sea-tac to Pier 91 and back last year and never again will we do that. It was an absolute mess! Maybe it was just a bad day. Holland America and Princess share the same shuttle. It leaves from the North end of the lower level of the parking garage, I believe its level 1 and it drops you off at the same place. I think there was a Delta check in desk there. It drops off and picks up along the covered walkway on Pier 91. I would absolutely use the Port Valet, it doesn’t cost anything. We live 40 miles from Pier 91 and traffic is so bad none of our family members will take us to the pier, I talked my brother into taking us to Pier 91 once and he called me shortly after he dropped us off and said we could find our way home.  Last year out daughter in law had to go to SeaTac airport so she gave us a ride. We got to SeaTac around 9am got in line to drop off our bags, got a ticket to get another colored ticket down under the parking garage, there are no services down at where you wait for the bus to go out to the Pier. We spent probably 3 hours waiting for our color bus. Once we got to the pier about 1pm it was another mess, 2 long lines of people waiting to get into the terminal, we got on the ship about 2:45 or so.