Hop on/Off Crete

cruisingfreaks

does anyone have any idea how to get to it from the pier etc?

Crete is the name of the entire island,  not the name of a town or city, and cruise ships call into more than one port.  Which port are you asking about?

Edited by edinburgher

6 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

does anyone have any idea how to get to it from the pier etc?

Crete is the name of the entire island,  not the name of a town or city, and cruise ships call into more than one port.  Which port are you asking about?

So sorry I thought I put Heraklion in the post! I am looking for Heraklion

No worries.

I am looking for Heraklion

Just wondering why you even need a HOHO as Heraklion is not very big, and aside from the Archaeological Museum and Knossos I don't remember much else of note so I was surprised to read that there are HOHOS there at all, as I wouldn't have thought there would be enough customers to support these buses, but perhaps they are mini rather than full size buses?.  And do they have several or only one as that could add to your waiting times for the next one each time you choose to get off.

You can actually walk into Heraklion from the cruise dock in around 20/30 minutes max and the Archaeological Museum is easily found and definitely worth a visit .  There are also public buses which run from close to the port to both Heraklion and Knossos also from Hertaklion to Knossos and that is quite easy to do.

You could find more info by going to the general Greek Ports Forum, not to any individual thread, inputting the word Knossos into the empty search box under your username then hitting the little spy glass.  All previous threads containing that word will appear ready for you to read. 

Or by simply googling what you are looking for including public buses, tickets  and timings, Knossos opening hours,HOHOS reviews and anything else you want to know.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1