2:30 boarding...will there be any open reservations left?

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

I booked my first VV cruise somewhat last minute (less than 30 days prior to sailing).  I leave this Saturday and the more I read, the more I feel like I may be out of luck with a lot of the reservations that open "as soon as you are on ship wifi."  As expected, all the advance dinner reservations have been taken.  I know a lot more open on board and there's always a walk up option.  I'm sailing solo and I can be flexible, so I'm less worried about that.  However, it seems like a LOT of other things require sign up once on board...shows, fitness classes, etc etc.  Do I have any chance of getting any of these with a 230 boarding time or should I just plan to have to be in a standby line for everything?  This sounds a bit negative, I'm not meaning to...just trying to manage my expectations and get an idea of what to expect!  I've cruised many times before on other lines, this will be my first with Virgin.

thanks!

T

• Like 1

You should have no problem with restaurant and show reservations.  Fitness classes---good luck.  BUT there are usually no shows, so don't give up.  If you used a TA for your booking, they may be able to make some dinner reservations for you...they have a different gateway than sailors have access to.

Edited by cantgetin

I've traveled solo on Virgin and have boarded at 3:00 / 3:30 and haven't had any issue booking the shows I want. And all of the shows have standby lines and from my limited experience LOTS of people usually get in from the standby line.  

For restaurants, as long as you are flexible just keep checking the app and all different restaurants will open up. Many times I'll make a reservation, and then cancel and rebook a new one as different restaurants open up.  Razzle Dazzle seems to be available the most and has some of my favorite food. While they advertise the many vegan options - they also have steak, salmon, chicken etc.  - and the Vegan Green Tea Cheesecake is the best dessert on the ship in my opinion! 

And of course you can always check to see if you can get in on standby, on my last night of the 2nd cruise I regretted that I still had not tried Test Kitchen so I stopped by and they got me right in. 

• Like 1