$50 shipboard credit

doones2

When I joined Voyagers Club I received $50 usd in non refundable shipboard credit.  I recently checked my cruise info and it now says I also have shipboard credit $50 eur/usd -40 Gbp.  Does anyone know what this means?  I would call but customer service might screw up my original obc and I could end up with nothing.  They aren’t very knowledgeable.

6 minutes ago, doones2 said:

When I joined Voyagers Club I received $50 usd in non refundable shipboard credit.  I recently checked my cruise info and it now says I also have shipboard credit $50 eur/usd -40 Gbp.  Does anyone know what this means?  I would call but customer service might screw up my original obc and I could end up with nothing.  They aren’t very knowledgeable.

Yeah, don't call and mess it up. You now have two onboard credits, the first one for $50 and a second one for an additional $50.

This assumes you're on a U.S. sailing. If you're on a European sailing, the first credit would get converted from $50 to € at the exchange rate on your sailing date while the second credit should be the full €50.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

10 hours ago, doones2 said:

I am on a Mediterranean cruise.  

Then you’ll get €50 OBC.  The three stated that you’re seeing are just to indicate the amount you’ll get in OBC in that particular currency, depending on which is in effect onboard.  USD onboard - $50, Euro onboard - €50 (which is on Med and other sailings) and £40 (British Sterling - GBP - Great British Pounds) which is the currency onboard for some  sailings from Southampton. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1