Live music on Constellation

cruzer0007

Am considering a last minute TA on the Constellation, leaves in a couple weeks, and the #1 factor in my level of enjoyment is quality of live music, in particular the solo artists, small groups,etc. that play in various lounges and/or public spaces on board.  This is even more impactful for me on a TA, 15 days total for the cruise I’m investigating, many of them are days at sea. Can anyone that recently sailed on the Connie share feedback about the live music experience ?   Many thanks in advance.

Just now, cruzer0007 said:

Am considering a last minute TA on the Constellation, leaves in a couple weeks, and the #1 factor in my level of enjoyment is quality of live music, in particular the solo artists, small groups,etc. that play in various lounges and/or public spaces on board.  This is even more impactful for me on a TA, 15 days total for the cruise I’m investigating, many of them are days at sea. Can anyone that recently sailed on the Connie share feedback about the live music experience ?   Many thanks in advance.

Hello we were on Connie last October. The live music was brilliant. They had a band called the Skyline band who played in the rendezvous lounge most nights (9pm to midnight) playing a mix of Motown, 80s, 90s and current music which was easy listening and great to dance to. Really made our cruise. Sadly that was their last cruise but if that is anything to go by other bands will also be good. The atmosphere in the lounge was very relaxed and sophisticated as opposed to nightclub if that makes sense. They had another similar style band on board as well who played near the pool and sometimes in the rendezvous in the evening.

They also had a string quartet each night in cellar masters and they often used the guest entertainers for some solo atrium performances the night after their theatre show, but this area is used less for live music compared to other ships as it is smaller.

The reflections lounge on the higher deck is where the elite happy hour is and is used for loyalty parties and game show type events which means that the rendezvous was freed up for live music in the evening. The reflections lounge then often turns into the party/ night club type venue late at night with a DJ.

We really liked that they had a mix of classical in cellar masters, easy listening in rendezvous and disco in reflections to suit everyone! I guess that is the benefit of the older ships where there are more public areas to have different types of events each night.

I hope that helps. Our cruise was a Mediterranean cruise so I don’t know if that makes any difference to planned entertainment.