NCL excursion Colon to Panama City and back

PC Skier

I have not done that excursion with NCL, but have done a "Shape" excursion with another cruise line from Colon.  From NCL's description the tour we took is the same with the only difference was a full lunch was included where the one you booked appears only to include a snack.

It was a enjoyable excursion and the bus ride over and back is on mostly decent roads.  We did not stop in Panama Viejo (Old Panama) where not so good ol' Morgan visited, just drove through on our way to the Casco Antiguo.  The Casco Antiguo is where the city was rebuilt after Morgan, in NCL's description they refer to it as the old French Quarter.  It is reminiscent of the Vieux Carre of New Orleans.  I am sure you will notice the differences between Colon and Panama City.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, BillB48 said:

I have not done that excursion with NCL, but have done a "Shape" excursion with another cruise line from Colon.  From NCL's description the tour we took is the same with the only difference was a full lunch was included where the one you booked appears only to include a snack.

It was a enjoyable excursion and the bus ride over and back is on mostly decent roads.  We did not stop in Panama Viejo (Old Panama) where not so good ol' Morgan visited, just drove through on our way to the Casco Antiguo.  The Casco Antiguo is where the city was rebuilt after Morgan, in NCL's description they refer to it as the old French Quarter.  It is reminiscent of the Vieux Carre of New Orleans.  I am sure you will notice the differences between Colon and Panama City.

Did you have time to get out and walk around or was it a "Drive By"?

The drive by portion was in Panama Viejo, but there was a walking portion on a street in el Casco Antiguo which also included over Las Bovedas (prison area) and La Plaza Francia.  It was more of an organized walk, not really time on your.