Shore Excursion & Teens

mom58

I'd like to go ahead and book some of our shore excursions before our 4/1/06 cruise. My questions are: Will my 16 year old have an opportunity to do shore excursions with the O2 teen group if he likes it? Will those excursions be different from the ones I see on the Carnival website? If I book him with the rest of the family for an excursion can he change his mind? If I book our excursions now, do I get charged for them now, or do they go on my sign & sail account?

If these are stupid questions, I apologize in advance. I did call Carnival first, but I didn't get someone who seemed to be able to answer my questions. We sail in 3 weeks and I am so excited!

Thanks for any advice!

I'd like to go ahead and book some of our shore excursions before our 4/1/06 cruise. My questions are: Will my 16 year old have an opportunity to do shore excursions with the O2 teen group if he likes it?

I just asked my 16 yr old DD if she would have been able to go on any shore excursions with Club 02 (our last sailing was the Legend at the end of August '05 for 8 nights). Her answer was: "I don't know." As she spend so much time at 02 I believe that if it was a large part of the Club 02 experience, she would have been aware of it. All of the other teens she knew had their excursion planned before boarding as well. SHort answer...if you really want to do something, book it now, don't chance it.

If I book him with the rest of the family for an excursion can he change his mind?

Yes, you can back out, but depending on whether or not the trip is full you may or may not get a refund. Keep in mind that what he may want to change to may already be full as well.

If I book our excursions now, do I get charged for them now, or do they go on my sign & sail account?

They are charged to you now.

From what I can gather from my two teens, there weren't any teen excursions. I think most families want their kids with on exucrsions with them. One, it's a family vacation and the only time you see your teens is on excursions and dinner. And, two, I really don't want someone I don't know taking my teen on an excursion, you're in a foreign country. What if the tour doesn't make it back on time, you're on the ship and they're not. Yes, I know the whole argument about if it's a Carnival excursion...

We try to pick fun excursions ahead of time that everyone will like. My teens have loved all our excursions, except for cave tubing in Belize.

This is what I have heard but have not actually experienced. The teen excursions can't be booked in advance. Once on board, if there are enough teens signing up for an excursion they will have it but will cancel if there isn't enough interest. I agree with the above poster about many families wanting their teens with them on excursions. Not only do I want to spend the time with them but I don't want them out of my sight in a foreign country.

Archived