Prima to Bermuda in May

travelgenie

We have not sailed NCL for about 15 years and are excited to have planned this sort of last minute trip on the Prima in May. Booking late, I was disappointed that there are restaurants that we cannot get into and the few we could, only very late reservations. I am wondering if once on board, do they open up reservations and if so, how and where do you do it? We frequently sail RCCL and usually you can change or alter reservations the first day once you board. Thanks in advance!

I've read on CC that only a percentage of specialty reservations open up pre boarding. Check with your concierge right away if you're in the Haven or head straight off to reservations (often a table in the buffet) right when you board.

2 hours ago, travelgenie said:

We have not sailed NCL for about 15 years and are excited to have planned this sort of last minute trip on the Prima in May. Booking late, I was disappointed that there are restaurants that we cannot get into and the few we could, only very late reservations. I am wondering if once on board, do they open up reservations and if so, how and where do you do it? We frequently sail RCCL and usually you can change or alter reservations the first day once you board. Thanks in advance!

Restaurant booking opened 120 days prior to departure (in January). If there are only late times or no times, you have waited too long (yeah, I see that this is a last minute booking). 

Next milestone is check-in at Day 21, 12 midnight eastern time. If you want an early port check-in time, you must log on at midnight eastern time, 21 days prior to departure to check in (need passport numbers, emergency points of contact, check-in photos (head shot, looking straight into the camera, blank background, no glasses, no head ware). 

21 days prior to departure you can also book entertainment (probably only the Donna Summer Show). (26 days if you are in a Haven Suite or if you are a top-tier Latitudes member).

As soon as you embark, head to Syd Normans on Deck 7 mid-ship to make restaurant reservations. Or use one of the touch screen kiosks in elevator lobbies. 

Additional show reservations can be made at the Theater Box Office, Deck 6 forward, starboard Theater entrance. 

The Prima is a beautiful ship (we've sailed on her twice). Here's a link to our live post on our short cruise to Bermuda.