Question about Princess Plus

Quick question about Princess plus packages. If one person in the room is a child, say one adult one child in cabin how does the plus package work? Is it still the $65 per person?

Also I know the plus package the drinks are up to $22 per drink. Does that cover most cocktails? I was on Princess about 6 months ago and most cost around $16-18 but I have heard they increased the prices. 

You will only need to purchase the drink package for yourself.   It would be against the law to sell an alcoholic drink package to a child.  Just off Majestic Princess a few weeks ago.  All cocktails were covered by the the $22 limit including espresso Martinis which I adore and had 2 each morning on sea days. No judgement please, I was on holiday LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/25/2023 at 12:05 PM, Auscruisefam said:

Quick question about Princess plus packages. If one person in the room is a child, say one adult one child in cabin how does the plus package work? Is it still the $65 per person?

Also I know the plus package the drinks are up to $22 per drink. Does that cover most cocktails? I was on Princess about 6 months ago and most cost around $16-18 but I have heard they increased the prices. 

The first 2 people pay the Princess plus package and if it’s one adult & one child the child will get the same benefits as the adult except the child would get the soft drink package……they can’t split up where one person gets the plus package and one does not get it 

20 hours ago, korky1 said:

You will only need to purchase the drink package for yourself.   It would be against the law to sell an alcoholic drink package to a child.  Just off Majestic Princess a few weeks ago.  All cocktails were covered by the the $22 limit including espresso Martinis which I adore and had 2 each morning on sea days. No judgement please, I was on holiday LOL.  

If only 2 people in the cabin and one is a child it wouldn’t work one person gets the plus package and one the standard 

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

The first 2 people pay the Princess plus package and if it’s one adult & one child the child will get the same benefits as the adult except the child would get the soft drink package……they can’t split up where one person gets the plus package and one does not get it 

I have read posts, both here and on other cruise forums, of Princess allowing one passenger in a cabin to book Plus and the other to book Standard but it did require a phone call to Princess. 

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have read posts, both here and on other cruise forums, of Princess allowing one passenger in a cabin to book Plus and the other to book Standard but it did require a phone call to Princess. 

So your saying a non drinker can book a standard fare and a drinker can book a plus fare , sometimes I cruise with a person that likes the plus package and I’m a non drinker so I might need to call Princess and ask them 

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

So your saying a non drinker can book a standard fare and a drinker can book a plus fare , sometimes I cruise with a person that likes the plus package and I’m a non drinker so I might need to call Princess and ask them 

Yes, so I've heard, but you can't do it online. 

I was able to do this for my son and myself.  Son had plus package and I had standard.  I was talking to my PP one day last December? about some bookings I had and he said the policy of both having the same fare had changed. I then added the plus package worth $50pd at the time onto my son's standard fare.  It was in the week before it went up to $65pd. 

So just call Princess or your pp.  It is a great move.