AmaWaterways -- Anyone had luck moving your cruise date post covid?

seniormom

We are schedule for Grand Danube cruise on AmaWaterways in May.  My mom had a stroke two weeks ago, so we are trying to decide whether to move our cruise to a  later date.  My TA says that we are within the 50% penalty phase, so can't even move without a penalty anymore.  I have trip insurance, so I'm covered....but I really don't want to completely cancel.  I'm willing to let Ama keep my money and put it towards another cruise, but it appears they no longer do that.  

I get it, I know what the contract says,....a transfer of date is considered a cancellation within the "windows".....but this is so frustrating.  Anyone have any luck with getting them to move the date without the big penalty?  This will be our 3rd Ama river cruise and it just doesn't feel right to me.

Anyway.....thanks for any suggestions you might have!

The only answer is to call or have your TA call and ask.

Also depends what insurance you bought and from whom, I know during covid and certainly into last year they were selling "travel waiver plus" which would allow you to cancel/change up to the day before. I have a cruise leaving the end of April that has it.  And while not quite what you meant, I DID move a cruise with them without penalty or any discussion about 3 weeks before date because of personal preference in November 2021 using it,

Other than that...I guess to be blunt you agreed to their terms, your insurance may be the only way to not pay the penalty.

• Like 1