does a UK voltage dyson airwrap work onboard symphony of the seas

hi there 

I have seen a couple of threads regarding this but I was unsure as some people said yes but some said no so I do apologise  in advance if there has been a definitive answer 

My daughter has the dyson air warp... uk voltage - and wants to take it on board the symphony of the seas when we go

however if this does not work id rather she didnt take it as I dont want it to wreck it and then it doesn't work when she back home as it is very expensive

it is not a big deal if she cant take it but she was asking if she can take it  so thought id ask on here 

thanks in advance for any responses 

The problem won't be with the voltage so much as the fact that it might not work at all.  😮  

Cruise ships' electrical systems are different from conventional landside power; they are -- of necessity -- grounded differently, and some hair-dryers and similar devices that use more sophisticated electronics, ceramic heating elements, etc., have either not heated well, or not worked at all. 

Others have reported shipboard issues with Dyson products on different threads.    

Seems like the safest bet has been an unsophisticated device -- minimal or no electronics -- and a good ol' fashioned filament or heating-element heater.   Resident expert and retired Chief Engineer @chengkp75can likely offer more knowledgeable guidance.  

Looking at the price of those Dyson Airwraps, I'd be concerned about bringing one myself, and then discovering it didn't work well.