Phone Cards

Fun to Cruise

I thought I had read somewhere in these postings that someone gave their room stewart a phone card for about $8.00 as an extra the day of arrival. Can anyone help me with this? I somehow thought they mentioned buying these AT&T phone cards at Staples. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get a couple to hand out on arrival.

Thanks.

I bought a pack of phone cards at Sam's Club. I give them to each member of the staff in the kid's club. If there is someone in particular that goes out of their way for my son I would also give them some cash. I've added the cards to the tip envelopes too and the crew always seem very appreciative.:)

I found the international phone cards at the 99 cent store. The cost per minute is anywhere from 2-4 cents so a 99 cent card would be at least 25 minutes. I need argentina for my card (I'm sailing out of Ushuaia, Argentina) so this would be the 4 cents per minute. What a great deal and a great idea.

Check out CTAcard.com

You can purchase phone "cards" via email once you set up an account. I used them to buy for crew on my last cruise. I give the cards as a gift over and above the tips they get.

What CTA does is email you a special access number plus a pin number. Just print out the email and give it to your recipient. They can use the number from any phone in the U.S. (including their cell phones). I use the CTAGold card (the countries you can call are listed on their website). They come in denominations of $5, $10 and $20.

BTW, I do not have any affiliation with CTA, I just used them and have been pleased. No problems.

Archived