Chair Hogs

Seafan22

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

In reality a chair hog is the person using the chair that YOU want to use (hog) for yourself. Once you are in it, then people simply will view YOU as the chair hog.

I've never heard anyone call someone sitting in or using a chair (or lounger) a chair hog.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I won't comment on "a" as that statement scares me.

If I comprehend "b" properly, you're saying that if I leave my book and sunglasses on my lounge chair and go to the bathroom and stop at the bar to get a drink on my way back, that my personal items should be taken to the lost and found the minute I walk away?

Am I comprehending you properly?

Sorry to hear that you are frightened. I hope you can find a safe space.

In answering the poster to whom my comment was directed, I was explaining various ways in which their property could be removed without my having to touch their property. Yes, if your personal property is found on the ship, and you are not around, having a crew member place your personal items in the lost & found is perfectly acceptable, and is the proper thing to do with unattended items belonging to a guest. (BTW, I assume you erred when you said "my lounge chair" since the chair doesn't actually belong to you. Hopefully, you are aware of that.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I've never heard anyone call someone sitting in or using a chair (or lounger) a chair hog.

Nor did anyone state that you had. (and again...there is a difference between "using the chair" and "sitting in the chair"...I only used one of those terms)

• Like 1