Virgin Dining

mfs2k

I thought the dining on VV was a huge disappointment. The food was mediocre at best, but dressed up to make people think it was better than it is.  Choices were limited, offering don't change all week, service sucked.  One of the MANY reasons we are one and done with VV.

• Like 1

I've been on both VV ships and I've never made a reservation before boarding the ship. Reservations always open up as people cancel and change plans. I've also been able to walk up sometimes as well though I prefer to make a reservation even if it's just an hour or so before the time I will end up dining. 

There are certainly times you will open the app and see all of the restaurants booked... but just check again and you're likely to see some availability.  Now I can understand if you don't want to go to that trouble and I would argue that VV could come up with a better system for dinner reservations but the idea that you don't get to eat in the restaurants on an entire cruise because "everything is booked" is just not reality. 

Dine n Dash is not "omelets only" you can get eggs cooked any way you'd like as well as sides like bacon and sausage, toast, etc.  - I agree they could have a few more options since they are the only 24 hour option. 

• Like 4

I don’t see the issue with the choices not changing, it’s like being in a town, there are six restaurants and the majority of people eat at one per night plus there is the dinner show and other options so it’s only those on transatlantic or similar that are forced to dine from the same menu more than once.

How often do big chain restaurants in cities change their menu? I don’t think it’s a major issue, I can certainly dine at Extra Virgin and similar on the ship and not feel I am forced to eat the same dish multiple times. 

• Like 1

On the 14 and 15 night transAtlantic sailings there have been multiple lunch specials daily in The Galley, a dinner special in The Galley which is announced in the paper schedule, and often one or more entree and/or desert specials in the sit down restaurants.  If your server doesn't mention specials, ask!