Costa Firenze?

lucas34

I saw one interesting cruise on Costa Firenze and would have inquired about a few things; is it really the case that even though the cruise in question is in Europe, where all port destinations have already waived covid testing, etc., Costa requires a covid test because the trip takes more than 16 days?

How has the level of service and food on that ship changed since the pandemic?

Is it true that you can no longer get any free water or coffee in the main restaurant hall? Is water/coffee available at the buffet 24/7?

Is the buffet open for 24/7?

Is the cabin service breakfast free?

How good or bad are IP-inside cabins for solo passenger?

I'm on Diadema in a couple of weeks. We stay in the EU. A health declaration is required but a test is not. Are you sure your information is up to date?

I always travel in an inside cabin. Buffet hours are much more restricted than on an American ship, but I manage fine.

I was on Firenze coming back from Dubai last year. I was not very impressed, but the ship was only 1/4 full, obviously there was not the critical mass for Costa to provide all the usual services. There was still a concentration camp atmosphere.

What's free depends on whether you buy the cheapskate, nothing-included fare. Water is available with meals, coffee in the morning. Most people think the Premium fare (whatever they call it now) offers better value. Policy can also change cruise to cruise.

13 minutes ago, Dancer Bob said:

I'm on Diadema in a couple of weeks. We stay in the EU. A health declaration is required but a test is not. Are you sure your information is up to date?

I always travel in an inside cabin. Buffet hours are much more restricted than on an American ship, but I manage fine.

I was on Firenze coming back from Dubai last year. I was not very impressed, but the ship was only 1/4 full, obviously there was not the critical mass for Costa to provide all the usual services. There was still a concentration camp atmosphere.

What's free depends on whether you buy the cheapskate, nothing-included fare. Water is available with meals, coffee in the morning. Most people think the Premium fare (whatever they call it now) offers better value. Policy can also change cruise to cruise.

Thank you so much for your info. I know that after pandemic so many things have changed. How was the food on board Firenze during your cruise? Any lobster etc. during gala nights?

I saw 700 GBP offer for 18 days cruise as solo, but My Drinks is 500 GBP...so I don´t know what to say...

You don't need a test for a European cruise.

Water, tea, coffee and juice are available in the buffet at breakfast (typically 7-10 am, but sometimes extended to 11). Water and tea/coffee are available at lunchtime (12-2.30 or later on some port days); at snack time (4.30 - 5.30 pm); and at dinner (varies according to destination but usually 7.30 - 9 pm). There may also be a late night snack service.

Cabin service breakfast isn't free - 5 euros per person and continental breakfast only.

There is no free lobster.

You'll need to decide whether you can justify the £500 for MyDrinks. Personally I would go for it, because I like to have "real" coffee, a few cocktails, soft drinks and water and wine with dinner!