What to do in Belize with small kids (7 and 4)?

cjsegninir

Hi!

this will be our second time in Belize, but first with kids. What it seems a million years ago (2011 🤣), when we were younger (and kidless), we did the X-Stream Cave tubing tour through Island Marketing. Honestly, we don't have much memories about it, besides the long and rough drive and the poor Belizean countryside.

Now with kids things are even more complicated. We'd rather do something without the long drive, so ruins and tubing is kind of off-the-picture from the research I've done.

So I've come to you, Cruise gurus, for your recommendations. Is there anything to do with 2 small kids, relatively nearby the port where we are dropped? 

Thanks!

Everything in Belize is a trek, because you start with that long tender ride to the port area. (which isn't in the greatest area to just wander from the port area like some other ports.)

You may want to look into an excursion that leaves straight from the shipo, to an island beach break or something similar, to save you entertaining two small kids through too many trandportation steps to get to one.

Honestly, if Belize was smack in the middle of my cruise, I might just stay onboard and let the kids enjoy a less crowded day in the pools and on the slides, etc.(just make sure to lotion up. I stayed onboard once and didn't lotion enough and got the worst burn ever, just walking around the ship. Not even swimming or laying out. Belizean sun is brutal)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bguppies said:

Everything in Belize is a trek, because you start with that long tender ride to the port area. (which isn't in the greatest area to just wander from the port area like some other ports.)

You may want to look into an excursion that leaves straight from the shipo, to an island beach break or something similar, to save you entertaining two small kids through too many trandportation steps to get to one.

Honestly, if Belize was smack in the middle of my cruise, I might just stay onboard and let the kids enjoy a less crowded day in the pools and on the slides, etc.(just make sure to lotion up. I stayed onboard once and didn't lotion enough and got the worst burn ever, just walking around the ship. Not even swimming or laying out. Belizean sun is brutal)

Thanks!

Yes, I'm basically down to that option. Going to one of the cayes for a beach day.

I thought of staying on the ship, but it only has three port days (Roatan, Belize and Cozumel) and three sea days. I'd rather do something ashore.

Regards

19 minutes ago, cjsegninir said:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm basically down to that option. Going to one of the cayes for a beach day.

I thought of staying on the ship, but it only has three port days (Roatan, Belize and Cozumel) and three sea days. I'd rather do something ashore.

Regards

Yeah, then definitely try an excursion with direct tender from the ship, to save yourself alot of extra travels with the kiddos.

Hopefully somebody who has done one of the direct trransport beach breaks will chiume in for you...

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 7:51 AM, nwo4life said:

We are thinking about taking our 7 year old to Kukumba Beach. Its not too far from the port, but has mixed reviews.

Yeah, I saw this as an option, but reviews are not the best. I'm keeping it as my last resource.

I also found a private tour guide that quoted me 370$ for 5 hours private tour to the Howler monkeys and some other stops around town (Including lunch). 

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2023 at 7:51 AM, nwo4life said:

We are thinking about taking our 7 year old to Kukumba Beach. Its not too far from the port, but has mixed reviews.

Hi, 

Did you go to Kukumba beach? how was it? How did you get there? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, cjsegninir said:

Hi, 

Did you go to Kukumba beach? how was it? How did you get there? 

Thanks

It was a great day, fun water activities and good prices on food and drink. We got there on a minivan from a tour company working at the cruise terminal. We paid them one price which included transportation and admission. Next time there we will probably hire a taxi.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nwo4life said:

It was a great day, fun water activities and good prices on food and drink. We got there on a minivan from a tour company working at the cruise terminal. We paid them one price which included transportation and admission. Next time there we will probably hire a taxi.

Thanks! I'll probably do the same