Enchantment Barcelona Disembark Time

GM1999

We're disembarking in Barcelona and want to do a day tour before our flight. What's a realistic time to expect to be off the ship if we carry our own luggage? How bad is customs at the port? This is not a closed circuit cruise. Cruise docs say it ports at 6am.

Also, if anyone has flown out of Barcelona in 2023 I'd be interested in knowing how long the process took you to get to your gate. Thanks!

Last year, we booked a tour guide to pick us up at 8.30am and walked off at 8am. We could have gone earlier, however this was a closed group cruise.

I have been through El Prat a few times. Usually a zoo, last year it took nearly 2 hours to get through check in and security (flying BA).

2 hours ago, GM1999 said:

We're disembarking in Barcelona and want to do a day tour before our flight. What's a realistic time to expect to be off the ship if we carry our own luggage? How bad is customs at the port? This is not a closed circuit cruise. Cruise docs say it ports at 6am.

Also, if anyone has flown out of Barcelona in 2023 I'd be interested in knowing how long the process took you to get to your gate. Thanks!

What customs? Where are you cruising from? 

If you’re on a TA with Barcelona the final destination, you will have to go through passport control even if the ship has called at other Spanish ports en route. There may or may not be a queue but if you carry your own bags and you’re off early it shouldn’t be too bad. I’d expect disembarkation to be well underway by 7.

Edited by gumshoe958

We’re cruising from Venice/Ravenna. I’m not sure if the port exit will be quick since it’s in the Schengen zone and we’ll have to do all that process when we arrive in Venice. I’d like to start the tour at 8am so we have more time to tour Barcelona. Not sure if that’s possible with having to do a passport check/customs.