Last day to add 2nd Sailor?

Tyler414

Can't seem to find any info on when the last day prior to cruise I can add the 2nd Sailor information.  I assume it's around final payment date, but my cruise was paid with credit card points and "paid in full" therefore I have no final payment date...  Thanks for the help!!

48 hours is exactly what I was going to say....provided there is space both in your cabin and in your lifeboat station. It definitely is NOT the PIF date; it is much closer to the sailing date than that.

Edited by cantgetin

A related question would be how late can you change the NAME of the 2nd sailor.  Meaning enter a name now but change it later.

If you did the poiints via Virgin Red thing, the cost is the same of course.

23 hours ago, garycarla said:

A related question would be how late can you change the NAME of the 2nd sailor.  Meaning enter a name now but change it later.

The 48 hr. rule is for any name changes of a sailor (you can even change both names unlike most other cruise lines).  Since the OP had a cabin booked for 2 without the name of sailor 2 listed, this should apply.  And if you actually do need to swap one name for another, it is 48 hrs. prior to sailing.  

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, garycarla said:

if it is between 2 different people... book both of them?  then drop one later?

If by this you mean that it would be yourself and 1 of 2 people, I would just hold off until you are sure who will come.  Not all cabins will accomodate 3 people and even if yours does, it would raise the cost of the cabin.  Hopefully, well before the 48 hr. mark prior to your cruise, you will know who is joining you.  

Edited by rebeccac