Chops+1 on Wonder of the Seas

3 hours ago, zoepipes said:

Wonder is offering Chops+1 on our 5/21-28 cruise but when I go to book it, it says its full and doesn't allow me to purchase it.  Any chance that may open before then?

Possibly just keep checking. 

I had a similar experience booking dining on Symphony.  It gave the same message for 2 of the venues I looked at.  I logged out of cruise planner and back in 5 minutes later and it allowed me to book without any problems. I assumed it was a glitch as there were several open times available. Are you using cruise planner or the app? 

This makes me wonder, if a person wants to purchase the UDP but the Chops+1 is closed off, supposedly because it is booked full, does that make the UDP invalid, at least for Chops?  And would RCCL let you know that Chops is booked/full before purchasing the UDP?  

13 hours ago, Island Beachdog said:

I had a similar experience booking dining on Symphony.  It gave the same message for 2 of the venues I looked at.  I logged out of cruise planner and back in 5 minutes later and it allowed me to book without any problems. I assumed it was a glitch as there were several open times available. Are you using cruise planner or the app? 

Cruise planner.  I'll try again this morning.

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

And would RCCL let you know that Chops is booked/full before purchasing the UDP?  

No and it doesn't even have to be full. Most folks who buy UDP assume they can get some "reasonable" times in the venues - if one is a somewhat early diner and nothing is available but 9PM it might as well be full. We have had reports of folks cancelling UDP on board due to lack of booking times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No and it doesn't even have to be full. Most folks who buy UDP assume they can get some "reasonable" times in the venues - if one is a somewhat early diner and nothing is available but 9PM it might as well be full. We have had reports of folks cancelling UDP on board due to lack of booking times.

I can imagine it's a very difficult task to juggle all the specialty restaurants and all the different options/dining packages offered to all the guests/cruisers.  But, it's self-imposed by RCCL and they need to get a handle on it.  If I purchase a package, of which there are many, and they didn't tell me that one or more venues, say Chops, were booked solid (yes, I understand what you said above, it may only be full on a certain date and/or time), and didn't tell me about it up front, I'd be pissed (for what that's worth).  They are filling a 5-pound bag with 10 pounds of options.  

20 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

They are filling a 5-pound bag with 10 pounds of options.  

Welcome to the Diamond Lounge from more than 5 years ago. 

Same with the waterpark at CocoCay - there are reports of really long lines, likely because too many passes were sold.

Of course one can look at it as a conspiracy (they are doing it on purpose), simple RCI IT incompetence (like overbooking a sailing) or some other reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to the Diamond Lounge from more than 5 years ago. 

Same with the waterpark at CocoCay - there are reports of really long lines, likely because too many passes were sold.

Of course one can look at it as a conspiracy (they are doing it on purpose), simple RCI IT incompetence (like overbooking a sailing) or some other reason.

Exactly!

Just a little twist on that, though:  I believe that the talking head at corp., come up with all these feel-good policies, packages, plans, and whatever and tells their less-than-fully competent IT to "get'er done".  

NOTE:  When I say, "less than fully competent", I'm not sure if it is because the people don't have the skills or don't have the capable equipment, and/or a combination of both.  I just don't know.