Princess Premier Package Reservations

Mtd2023

Premier package includes two speciality restaurants, and when I made reservations, I was charged for the two reservations.  I called Princess about the billing, and they said I don’t need reservations, to cancel them and when I board just show up at the restaurant and we will get seated.  Does anyone know if that is truly how it works? It seems weird on a full ship, I don’t need a reservation.  

2 hours ago, Mtd2023 said:

Premier package includes two speciality restaurants, and when I made reservations, I was charged for the two reservations.  I called Princess about the billing, and they said I don’t need reservations, to cancel them and when I board just show up at the restaurant and we will get seated.  Does anyone know if that is truly how it works? It seems weird on a full ship, I don’t need a reservation.  

Keep checking the app.  About a months after I made reservations (and was charged), I noticed that the two specialty dining credits showed up.  I cancelled the first reservations

and made new ones, using the credit.  My balance showed zero, and my credit card was refunded almost immediately.  

• Thanks 1

I was able to make a SD reservation on the app and the credit showed up right away so it didn’t charge me. Not sure why it works for some and not others. Maybe try updating your app as I know this is a somewhat recent upgrade. 

19 hours ago, Mtd2023 said:

Same thing happened to me. Contacted GS once onboard, she credited me OBC and we used it elsewhere on the ship. She did say, if there was balance at the end of the cruise, it would either be credited back to my CC or check would be issued by Corp.

Seating at the Specialty Restaurants is finite and while they do hold back some space for walk-ups, it isn’t nearly enough to accommodate all of the people with Premier were they ALL to follow the advice you were given. Imagine if 400 people were all told to just walk in and they all decided to go to Crown Grill on Tuesday!  Even if all 400 were to magically divide their visits equally over 7 days, and magically divide equally between two restaurants. That would still be 15 couples per night per restaurant. Maybe, just maybe they could get seated if spread out from 5:00-9:00. 

As noted, some people have been successful using their credits on the app. Others have received refundable OBC once on board if their credit cards were charged. If dining at a Specialty restaurant on a specific day and time is a priority for you, make a reservation.