Equinox retreat experience

Attyaz901

We enjoy Luminae but the specialties are a nice change of pace and we need to use that OBC for something. Murano is our go to after having mixed experiences in Tuscan. We've never done La Petite Chef but I'll miss the Porch on Equinox. Tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago on Reflection and really liked it.

On 3/31/2023 at 1:24 PM, Attyaz901 said:

We are in. Celebrity suite so we won’t get unlimited specialty dining but we will hit all of them.  Still undecided about Le Petite Chef. Any thoughts?

If you can get the original LPC menu or the menu with the green tea matcha dessert, I would say go. The newest menu was not as tasty and the show was disappointing.

• 5 months later...
On 3/31/2023 at 12:25 PM, terrydtx said:

Unless you have kids with you, IMO do not waste time or money in Le Petite. Also if this is your first time in a Suite, you should try Luminae before you hit all the Specialty Restaurants. Other than Eden on E Class ships, we find the Luminae to be equal or better than any of the Specialty restaurants in food and service. Murano is hit or miss, and Tuscan Grill has really gone downhill post Covid. The current pricing for specialty restaurants on Celebrity have just gotten ridiculously high for what the serve. We sail only in suites and no longer waste our money on the Specialty dinning venues.

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise on April 1, 2024.  We really like Viking, but they are somewhat pricey, but well worth it.  We did RCCL Allure in a loft suite and loved it.  The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen were excellent.  I really enjoyed mornings in the Suite Lounge sipping coffee and watching the sea and other people in peace and quiet.

With that said, we are trying Celebrity in a sunset sky suite.  I am hoping we like it because we can alternate between X and Viking.  I have read mostly very good comments about the Equinox Retreat.  

On 4/1/2023 at 9:20 AM, DCPIV said:

One of the best perks of the Retreat is that you likely won't even need to know where the Guest Relations or Shore Excursions desks are. The Retreat Concierges or your Butler can handle just about anything. If they cannot handle your request for some reason, they likely can get you to the front of the line. 

If you do want to make or change any reservations (dining, glass blowing, excursions, etc.), so do through the Retreat Concierges rather than through your butler. The Concierges can make it change a reservation right then and there. They have direct access to the systems, so you will know right where you stand. The butlers are wonderful, but they have to go through someone else, and it might take a while for them to get around to it and then let you know. Better to just get it done. 

There's no harm in making some dining reservations before sailing. You always can cancel them if you find you'd rather just stick with Luminae.  However, it can be difficult to get a reservation after you set sail, at least for your preferred time. They do book up. 

Speaking of the glass blowing...I have done an extensive search of the website and found nothing about reserving the glass blowing.  Will it be difficult to get a glass blowing appointment using the Retreat Concierge once on board?

On 9/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, TenneTexan said:

Speaking of the glass blowing...I have done an extensive search of the website and found nothing about reserving the glass blowing.  Will it be difficult to get a glass blowing appointment using the Retreat Concierge once on board?

Have you checked the shore excursions section of your reservation? It's also where you can book other onboard activities like the Behind the Scenes ship tour. 

On the ships where it is available, it is listed in the "Onboard Activities" section on the web site

The actual time of your class can’t be chosen until you’re on board. I was really glad, because it gave us time to look over some of the other activities that we were interested in or had booked. For example, what time is the World Wine Tour, and when are Captain’s Club special events scheduled? That let us know which times were not going to work for us. 

9 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The actual time of your class can’t be chosen until you’re on board. I was really glad, because it gave us time to look over some of the other activities that we were interested in or had booked. For example, what time is the World Wine Tour, and when are Captain’s Club special events scheduled? That let us know which times were not going to work for us. 

We just got off Equinox.  DH and I paid for the glass blowing experience online and once we embarked, arranged our time slot.  (I waitlisted, a day later, for another such experience but was not contacted.). So, it booked up FAST!!

On 9/27/2023 at 1:03 PM, TenneTexan said:

It isn't difficult through the Retreat Concierge, but you're better off going straight to the glass blowing area and making your appointment then.  They only thing the Concierge will do is contact them and try to get the time you want or something around then.  If you go glass blowing area, you can speak directly to them and know what you have immediately.

• Like 1