How strict are port check in times?

mrsammieb

They will not turn you away if you arrive earlier, but if there are lines in the terminal you will be directed to an early arrival line and will be processed after those who arrived during their appointment are processed.

This is a big 'IT DEPENDS'.  Now are you talking about showing up at 11a with a 2:30p arrival appointment?  Don't be shocked to be sitting out in the sun or at the very least in a section of the terminal where you'll wait until all those scheduled ahead of you are processed and onboard.

Here's what you can be sure of.  Assuming you don't have Priority via Dia/Plat/Suite or FttF, you WILL board the ship in your designated boarding slot (F08, for example).  That means that the person in F02 WILL be getting on before you. Guaranteed.

• Like 1

It depends on the port, how much earlier than your appointment window that you arrive, and how busy they are when you arrive. Generally speaking, they will have you wait until your appropriate arrival window either in a separate line or have you sit outside the terminal or ask you come back during your arrival time.

I would go back into the Online Check-in to see if you can get an earlier time. I can't believe the earliest available is 2:30PM when the all-aboard time is probably 3PM (don't quote me on that). If it were me and there were none earlier, I would go right about 12-1PM. 80% of the ship should already be on by then and no one in the terminal.

21 hours ago, mrsammieb said:

I just checked into my cruise and I got a 2:30 check in time at the port.  Boo.  How strict do you think Port Canaveral if we try to go early?  HELP!

Out of curiosity what's the departure time?

And yes, I agree with the above suggestion.... if it's a "normal" 4 PM departure I'd show up around 1.  The crowds will be greatly diminished by then and you'll be able to go to your cabin with a minimal wait.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 1