Discovery Princess Window Suite

fluffyclouds

Do you know if the Discovery Princess Window Suite  is considered a full suite with the coordinating amenities, or is it treated more like a Minisuite Reserve? If you have traveled in a Window Suite we would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

46 minutes ago, fluffyclouds said:

Do you know if the Discovery Princess Window Suite  is considered a full suite with the coordinating amenities, or is it treated more like a Minisuite Reserve? If you have traveled in a Window Suite we would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

Window suites are considered full suites and receive all of the suite amenities and perks; you just don't have a balcony.  If having a balcony isn't all that important, these cabins are a great value.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Edited by jeromep

44 minutes ago, fluffyclouds said:

Yes, full suite.

We loved it.  Spent 4 weeks in one and loved the fabulous windows.  I will add that those same windows act like magnifying glasses when the sun is shining, so we did have to close curtains when out of room as and couldn't keep up.

Thanks @pathi @jeromep @AnyMajorCruiseDude!

We just booked a window suite on the Discovery to Alaska. We thought it sounded great, but could not get an answer from Princess about the level of amenities. Very much looking forward to the trip. We have cruised to Alaska on other Princess ships, and now the Discovery. Yeah!

12 minutes ago, fluffyclouds said:

We just booked a window suite on the Discovery to Alaska. We thought it sounded great, but could not get an answer from Princess about the level of amenities. Very much looking forward to the trip. We have cruised to Alaska on other Princess ships, and now the Discovery. Yeah!

You will love it.  It's perfect for Alaska, and huge to boot!

Full suite amenities.  We have one booked for November.  DH is super excited about all the windows.  He loved the forward facing windows in the premium suite, and this has even more,  just no balcony. 

We were in a Window Suite (S107) on the Sky Princess this past January and loved it. It is a full suite with full suite amenities. Loved loved loved the very large suite and windows looking forward and to starboard side. Check cruisedeckplans.com for photos if you haven’t seen what the Suite looks like or search online. FYI - at least on the Sky Princess the two Window Suites were not the same. S107 on the Port side of ship was slightly smaller and a totally different layout. 

Edited by bagney

8 hours ago, bagney said:

We were in a Window Suite (S107) on the Sky Princess this past January and loved it. It is a full suite with full suite amenities. Loved loved loved the very large suite and windows looking forward and to starboard side. Check cruisedeckplans.com for photos if you haven’t seen what the Suite looks like or search online. FYI - at least on the Sky Princess the two Window Suites were not the same. S107 on the Port side of ship was slightly smaller and a totally different layout. 

Correction-S108 on Port Side of ship is the smaller suite. We had S107

Brian

@bagney We are a bit bummed to hear we are in the smaller of the two window suites. Both cabins were available when we booked and the representative assigned us to 108. I didn’t think to ask if they are different in any way.  Do you happen to know if 108 is a lot smaller or if there are other differences? Thanks.

I learned of the difference on YouTube - search for Sky Princess Window Suite. We initially had S108 booked as well but after watching the videos online, I called Princess and switched to S107 as it was still available. I did not get a chance to see S108 while we were on the Sky Princess - I am only going on what I saw/learned online of the different layouts.

Brian

In addition to what I have already mentioned, when we were on the Sky Princess, our room steward told us the two Window Suites were configured differently because there is an Accessible (Handicap) Deluxe Ocean View Cabin right next to the S108 Window Suite and they had to make changes to layout to accommodate the Accessible cabin. 

1 hour ago, fluffyclouds said:

@bagney We are a bit bummed to hear we are in the smaller of the two window suites. Both cabins were available when we booked and the representative assigned us to 108. I didn’t think to ask if they are different in any way.  Do you happen to know if 108 is a lot smaller or if there are other differences? Thanks.

We have been in s107 and 108 on Discovery.  You will be thrilled with either.

20 hours ago, fluffyclouds said:

Isn't it just typical of the new Princess that they can't even answer basic questions about their own product.

@AnyMajorCruiseDude @Colorado Coasty 

Thanks for the info Cruise Dude! I’m sure we would be happy with either one, but honestly, we did wonder why they would give us the smaller of the two when the larger room was available. We have cruised to Alaska before, but not in a cabin of this level. We have high expectations 😀

Coasty, yes, dealing with Princess this time around trying to get a few questions answered has been bad, really bad. When asking about the amenities provided in the window suite we were told they are similar to the basic minisuite, nothing more.. I questioned this because of the price difference. We usually cruise in a minisuite and they are great so why would we spend quite a bit more for ‘only’ a larger room. Oh well, it’s all working out. I will say that setting aside the booking and question/contact difficulties, most of our previous cruises have been on Princess and the onboard experience has been great every time. Hoping that continues. 

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, fluffyclouds said:

@AnyMajorCruiseDude @Colorado Coasty 

Thanks for the info Cruise Dude! I’m sure we would be happy with either one, but honestly, we did wonder why they would give us the smaller of the two when the larger room was available. We have cruised to Alaska before, but not in a cabin of this level. We have high expectations 😀

Coasty, yes, dealing with Princess this time around trying to get a few questions answered has been bad, really bad. When asking about the amenities provided in the window suite we were told they are similar to the basic minisuite, nothing more.. I questioned this because of the price difference. We usually cruise in a minisuite and they are great so why would we spend quite a bit more for ‘only’ a larger room. Oh well, it’s all working out. I will say that setting aside the booking and question/contact difficulties, most of our previous cruises have been on Princess and the onboard experience has been great every time. Hoping that continues. 

Thanks again!

Prices for these window suites often exceed prices for an s6 category, mostly because of the short supply and high demand factors.  We would pay the premium on "cooler" cruises, but would opt for a cheaper S6 when available on the warmer itinerary choices.

I'm guessing that the agent told you minisuite perks because on the Princess website the window suites are listed under the minisuites option (convoluted, right?!) unless only window suites are available,  then they pop up on the Suite tab. On Royal class ships they are more expensive than Vista suites

Yes @donswife I do think that is convoluted.  Until your note I did not realize that the window suites only pop up under ‘suites’ if the mini suites are sold out. In checking different ships and dates it did seem to me that the window suite was offered at random times. Must have had brain fog LOL  We thought about the Vista suite, but my husband saw a video of the Window suite and he was sold. Looks good to me too, You mentioned that you are booked in a Window Suite later this year. Here’s to both of us having a fantastic time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fluffyclouds said:

Yes @donswife I do think that is convoluted.  Until your note I did not realize that the window suites only pop up under ‘suites’ if the mini suites are sold out. In checking different ships and dates it did seem to me that the window suite was offered at random times. Must have had brain fog LOL  We thought about the Vista suite, but my husband saw a video of the Window suite and he was sold. Looks good to me too, You mentioned that you are booked in a Window Suite later this year. Here’s to both of us having a fantastic time!

I don't think I worded it right.  I noticed when I was tracking our cruise last fall,  that the window suites showed in the suites tab when all other suites were sold out.