Cost of Wi-Fi for Elite per day

alanasgpa

For most people wifi is number 1 amenity required.  I still don’t understand why they just don’t add wifi to your options when you book your cruise and choose what you need - at the proper cost for level of service (ie, good better best) you are buying.

Just like drink packages - not everybody drinks alcohol.  We don’t drink, but now it is getting  so expensive to just but a soda only plan. Obviously they want you to spend more money for the different fare options that has some things you absolutely will not  use to get what you want.  

I think there is confusion even on the ships...on the Crown (middle of March) I was quoted these prices

single day prices:

• 1 device: $20 or $10 w/discount
  •  4 devices: $40 or $20 w/discount

cruise long plan prices:

• 1 device: $15 or $7.50 w/discount
  •  4 devices: $30 or $15 w/discount

what I actually paid was $20/day pre purchased for the cruise (which I thought was the discounted rate), but then received $10/day back in OBC...so who knows

He did tell me there was no longer a discount for purchasing before the cruise or on the first day

1 hour ago, travelin.sisters said:

I think there is confusion even on the ships...on the Crown (middle of March) I was quoted these prices

single day prices:

• 1 device: $20 or $10 w/discount
  •  4 devices: $40 or $20 w/discount

cruise long plan prices:

• 1 device: $15 or $7.50 w/discount
  •  4 devices: $30 or $15 w/discount

what I actually paid was $20/day pre purchased for the cruise (which I thought was the discounted rate), but then received $10/day back in OBC...so who knows

He did tell me there was no longer a discount for purchasing before the cruise or on the first day

It would appear that "way back when" I was informed that the new price for 4-device plan was going to be $40/day, that it was since changed to $30/day, so it remains 2X the single-device plan.  This is great for couples as you just get the 4-device plan for the same cost as two 1-device plans and you gain extra connections (such as for both phone and laptop at once).  This is about the 3rd time I have read that the 4-device plan is being charged at $30/day and not $40/day.  Or, a mistake was made informing me.  I like $30 better than $40.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It would appear that "way back when" I was informed that the new price for 4-device plan was going to be $40/day, that it was since changed to $30/day, so it remains 2X the single-device plan.  This is great for couples as you just get the 4-device plan for the same cost as two 1-device plans and you gain extra connections (such as for both phone and laptop at once).  This is about the 3rd time I have read that the 4-device plan is being charged at $30/day and not $40/day.  Or, a mistake was made informing me.  I like $30 better than $40.

...except when looking at buying it precruise on the app, it is $40 or down to $20 with the discount so...like many things Princess, the actual answer is....it depends?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1