MSC Divina doors, metal or wood?

Boqueron

This may sound a silly topic 😳, but we've been upgraded to a balcony stateroom for an upcoming cruise, which is great, we're delighted, but in this new one there is an interconnecting door. I've read that it can mean a lot of noise can be heard from next door, so I'm looking at soundproofing it, without causing damage by ripping off paint after taking tape away, if I was to tape the gaps.

I've found a magnetic tape on Amazon, which I'm thinking may do the trick, assuming the door is metal. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Boqueron said:

This may sound a silly topic 😳, but we've been upgraded to a balcony stateroom for an upcoming cruise, which is great, we're delighted, but in this new one there is an interconnecting door. I've read that it can mean a lot of noise can be heard from next door, so I'm looking at soundproofing it, without causing damage by ripping off paint after taking tape away, if I was to tape the gaps.

I've found a magnetic tape on Amazon, which I'm thinking may do the trick, assuming the door is metal. Any thoughts?

The doors would be metal, not wood.

We have had connecting cabins in the past and never heard our neighbors.  Maybe they weren’t rowdy or loud people, but never heard them.

6 hours ago, Boqueron said:

I think that you are overthinking the situation.  Your cabin attendant might also think something wonky is going on if you try to affix something to the connecting door... If you are truly worried, you can always downgrade to your original paid-for category of cabin 😉

I could, couldn't I, but I wouldn't 😁. Search this forum for interconnecting doors and you'll see the majority of people say it drove them nuts. I'm sure most people are considerate, but.......

We had cabin 9142 that had an interconnecting door, and I was concerned about noise too. In the event it was no issue at all, never heard a thing through the door at any time during the 7 days we were in it. Didn't bother to check what it was made of but don't worry about it, it's not going to bother you.