Trains from Amsterdam to Brussels?

What are my options on booking a train from Amsterdam to Brussels? Can you check your luggage in? Any help or suggestions would make me less nervous! I've found one schedule but understand that there is more than one train and we can do a "high speed" one or something else. Help! help! help!

There are trains to from Brussels about every hour leaving from Amsterdam. I'm sure that Ine, (who lives in Amsterdam) will be posting soon to give you details.

We visited Amsterdam last summer and we took two train trips to Bruges, which connected through Antwerp. You caught trains from the downtown Central Station and from Schipol Airport without reservations. The trains are modern, clean, and fast. The cars have a space to "store" luggage and small overhead racks for carry-on type bags. There are electic scrolling signs in the newer cars that announce the next station and voice announcements are made in several languages, as well in all cars.

You should not have any problem finding train transportation between Amsterdam and Brussels.

Thanks!

I'll probably have a few more silly questions. If the trains have several stops, can you get off and stay in a town for a couple of hours with the original ticket to Brussels and then catch the next train or do you need a new ticket each time? Of course, I don't know how that would work with luggage. We'll be getting off a cruise.

Good day!

Here is a link http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?cid=1075985690168&pagename=www.ns.nl%2FPage%2FHomePageNetherlands&lang=en&c=Page that will bring you to the English site for trains in Holland .Under tickets you will perhaps find some information regarding the stops you will like to make. I hope that site will answer most of your questions. Have a good cruise and travel in Belgium:)

Archived