Ketchikan Highlights by Trolley - Inputs

majmaj4

I am traveling by NCL Jewel in Early May.  If you did the Trolley what are your thoughts.  I would probably just walk around town;  but

I have $50 off bonus on NCL, and thought the visit to the Totem polls might make this tour worthwhile.  

If you took this tour what are your thoughts?

Ketchikan  is so walkable. Cute little town. Creek Street very lovely.  You can climb the trailheads. Although, May is going to be snowy on trailheads.   If you want to see Totem poles, Duncan BC is the place to visit via land vacation.  100s of them there.   If you are going to Juneau, I would use the $50 dollars to get to Mendenhall Glacier.

Take the bus tour out to Totem Bright State park it's a very interesting tour. When get back do a walk about town. Go over to Creek street and hike up married man trail to the fish ladder.

The silver line bus runs to Totem Bight.  It runs once an hour.  I believe it is around a 30-40 minute ride.  Watch your time!  If you miss the bus by even one minute, you wait an hour for the next one.  I have not found the bus times to be terribly reliable in the last few years.  Like everyone else, they have trouble with getting enough staff.

The reviews of the trolley are bad on trip advisor but i think its because people expect a city tour and don’t realize its main purpose is to get to the totem park. Personally i wouldn’t take a bus that only runs every hour to totem park. What if you miss it or mechanical failure or driver problem? The trolley is your best bet to get there. It must be cheaper than 50.00 though?

Edited by latebuyer

7 hours ago, latebuyer said:

The reviews of the trolley are bad on trip advisor but i think its because people expect a city tour and don’t realize its main purpose is to get to the totem park. Personally i wouldn’t take a bus that only runs every hour to totem park. What if you miss it or mechanical failure or driver problem? The trolley is your best bet to get there. It must be cheaper than 50.00 though?

The trolley is ~$80 through NCL  so would be ~$30.  I looked on trip advisor and even direct was showing about ~$80

Thats strange as on royal caribbean its 35.00 canadian per person. That means its 26 per person US. I guess don't assume all cruise lines price the same. It is on sale right now i think.

Edited by latebuyer