Viva Vibe Passes

jrlamour

5 hours ago, UKstages said:

the joy's current vibe is pretty darn big and encompasses two sides of the ship and has two hot tubs.  while it is rumored that the joy vibe will be expanded in dry dock (by taking over the laser tag space), two of the three vibe bartenders currently onboard said that the laser tag space would actually become an expanded sun deck for regular (non-vibe) guests. so... who knows?

the relevant point here, however, is that the joy vibe - in its present form - is quite large, so if we're trying to draw a correlation between size of vibe and the propensity to hold back passes for day of embarkation, the joy's vibe would certainly qualify as a larger vibe "eligible" to do that.

but whether that's the way it actually works is strictly conjecture. personally, i don't think there are some vibe beach clubs that don't hold back passes and others that do. i think it's far more likely that they all hold back passes for sale on the day, but that the number of passes they hold back is in direct proportion to the size of the vibe. one vibe might hold back fifty passes... another might hold back fifteen.

it seems to me, to be fair (not that NCL is always fair), if they are not going to allow OBC to be used for advance booking, then they have to hold back some passes for sale on the day of embarkation... otherwise folks using OBC don't have a shot at getting passes at all. nor do people with close-in cruise bookings.

some people seem to think the relatively recent switch to making vibe passes bookable in advance online means that they are only bookable online... and NCL never said that. nor did they say that all the passes for a particular journey or a particular ship would be made available exclusively online. to me, it's no different than restaurant reservations... cagney's is often shown as "sold out" online. but if you board at 11:30 or 12:30 on embarkation day, you'll usually have no problem booking cagney's or any other restaurant. so, too, the vibe... based on my recent experience on the joy.

it's true that a number of passes may become available when people cancel their cruise or get upgraded to the haven... or die, but i think those would be incremental to the number i believe they are holding back for sale on the day and which i was told they hold back for sale on the day.

Guess we’ll never know.  As much as I like NCL, I don’t think they’re worried about being fair regarding OBC, Haven guests, folks that “know” the staff or on board crew.  I believe cash in hand and a sold out Vibe is their goal.   Regardless, I certainly hope that anyone who wants Vibe or thermal spas or dinner reservations gets to have the vacation they want and they are able to obtain passes.  

• 3 weeks later...

Out of Curiosity, what is the earliest anyone was able to book the Vibe on the Viva? (That is, how long before the sail date.)  I Actually wasn't even considering sailing on the Viva when I first found this thread. When I did book it was very late, so only the cabanas were left.  Also, my cruise was added very late from what I heard.

I did book the Vibe on the Getaway more than 10 months before sailing and long before it was fully paid. Is this the standard or does each ship have differences. Since the Viva is a brand new ship I could see that they may put off these bookings for logistics, (until they were sure of the schedule.)

EDIT: I did look back at the thread, it looks like 17 months out they are letting people book the Vibe, so my assumption is as soon as it is possible to book the cruise, one can add the vibe. 

Edited by nudistcruzer

18 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

Out of Curiosity, what is the earliest anyone was able to book the Vibe on the Viva? (That is, how long before the sail date.)  I Actually wasn't even considering sailing on the Viva when I first found this thread. When I did book it was very late, so only the cabanas were left.  Also, my cruise was added very late from what I heard.

I did book the Vibe on the Getaway more than 10 months before sailing and long before it was fully paid. Is this the standard or does each ship have differences. Since the Viva is a brand new ship I could see that they may put off these bookings for logistics, (until they were sure of the schedule.)

EDIT: I did look back at the thread, it looks like 17 months out they are letting people book the Vibe, so my assumption is as soon as it is possible to book the cruise, one can add the vibe. 

For my December Viva cruise, Vibe wasn't bookable until mid-June.  But that delay was related to the fact the ship was still under construction.  As stated, I'd expect Vibe to be bookable as soon as you book your cabin.  

You said your cruise only had cabanas - you do realize the cabana comes with two passes?  The one time I looked, the cabana was only about $100 more than two passes.  If I was faced with not having Vibe at all, I'd book the cabana in a heartbeat.  

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

For my December Viva cruise, Vibe wasn't bookable until mid-June.  But that delay was related to the fact the ship was still under construction.  As stated, I'd expect Vibe to be bookable as soon as you book your cabin.  

You said your cruise only had cabanas - you do realize the cabana comes with two passes?  The one time I looked, the cabana was only about $100 more than two passes.  If I was faced with not having Vibe at all, I'd book the cabana in a heartbeat.  

I’m just one person so, even though I have paid for two I’m only allowed one.

On another note, the Norwegian Viva has just arrived this morning in the United States for the very first time.

6 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I believe as of now, passes on all ships are being sold for cruises up until December 31, 2024.     Passes for 2025 have not been released yet.   My thought is they are going to be increasing the price again. 

I have no doubts.  And they will get the new price also!